Greek anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greek anyone?

I have a lot of food allergies (gluten/wheat, soy, dairy), so everything I make is from scratch with some experimentation. Today I made a dairy-free tsatziki for all Greek lovers and it turned out great! Here are recipes for sauce and souvlaki:

Tsatziki:

coconut cream from 1 can coconut milk - drained
    juice from 1/2 lemon
    1/3 English cucumber - grated and all juice pressed out & discarded
    2 cloves garlic - minced
    fresh dill
    pinch of sea salt

Mix all ingr & refrigerate in sealed container for at least 2 hrs. Also makes a great veggie dip.

Souvlaki:

pork or chicken cut in large cubes
    olive oil - enough to coat meat
    oregano
    2-3 cloves (or more if garlic lover) minced garlic

Mix all ingr & let marinade overnight in sealed container. Put meat on skewers & grill. Brush with mixture of olive oil & fresh lemon juice when cooked & serve with tsatziki & Greek salad.

Enjoy!

You know... you can make yogurt from coconut milk. If you did that you could use the resulting coconut yogurt to make the Tsatziki.

I don't have a dairy problem and keep homemade Tsatziki around a lot to use on all sorts of things... sometimes I even drain it until it becomes like a soft seasoned cheese. Delicious!

Congrats on finding your sub.
    I was just thinking that having the cultures in it might make it even better.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
    X