No announcement yet.

Creative Ideas for Salmon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iíve gone through with all of the comments and get lots of ideas. I prefer baked salmon. I'm going to try out some of these.

Comment

While this recipe sounds really odd, I really loved it:
      Salmon & Eggplant Curry Recipe | Eating Well

With the whole salmon, I like making my own salted salmon. I fillet it, smother generously with coarse salt and put under the weight in the fridge. Turn it around each day till the desired saltiness.

I also bake whole salmon in paper and make crisp salmon bits (re-frid in fat) from leftovers

Salmon mousse is... mmgh.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

You all are awesome. I wasn't going to order 20 pounds of salmon again, just because I hadn't been thinking creatively enough about it, but since this was my last fish, I'm definitely going to order in bulk again.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I like my Salmon very plain and simple.

Fillet spiced with cayenne pepper, dill, salt and pepper & lemon juice grilled in the oven. :-)
          Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
          SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
          CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
          GW: 130lbs

Comment

Anyone got an ideas what I could do with frozen salmon? I live in Germany and fresh is bloody scarce, at least at a decent price, so I can only afford frozen.

Comment

Thanx in advance.

Comment

My favorite salmon prep is equal parts crushed garlic and ginger smeared liberally over the fish and left to sit there and get up to room temp. Then quick saute in coconut oil and either tamari or coconut aminos.

Comment

Working...
                X