Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Meat Down Home Texas Chili

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3 Meat Down Home Texas Chili

    YUM. Beef, Ground Pork, Bacon. Easy. Depth of flavor. Travels well. Hubby's brainchild <3
    Makes 6 quarts

    Recipe here



    Last edited by curlygirl; 01-27-2013, 01:18 PM.
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

  • #2
    This looks amazing!

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks delicious. I'll be trying this out after my next shopping trip.
      The Age of Strife- My continuing journey to a happier, healthier, more natural lifestyle.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks guys. As always, if you make it, love to hear your personal spin on this and tweaks! <3
        FaceBook: PaleoMusings

        We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by curlygirl View Post
          YUM. Beef, Ground Pork, Bacon. Easy. Depth of flavor. Travels well. Hubby's brainchild <3
          Makes 6 quarts

          Recipe here



          I can do this! I will do this! My kind of cooking! Can it be done in a crock pot? Does it freeze well? Thanks a bunch.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
            I can do this! I will do this! My kind of cooking! Can it be done in a crock pot? Does it freeze well? Thanks a bunch.
            It will freeze well. I'm sure it can be done in a crock pot. My experience with slow cookers is that it will mute the taste of powdered spices unless you add them at the very end. So, if you cooked it in the crock, hold off on adding your chili powder, cumin etc. until about 15 min before you take it off the heat.
            FaceBook: PaleoMusings

            We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks, I have a 6 to 7 quart crock pot. Hope it won't push the capacity limits. I plan to try it on our next school holiday, Feb. 11, Lincoln's birthday, that way I can easily run home and check on it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Looking at the amount of meat in the recipe, being Primal, I don't worry about the amount of fat that won't be drained off, but does the chili end up being very greasy tasting?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
                  Looking at the amount of meat in the recipe, being Primal, I don't worry about the amount of fat that won't be drained off, but does the chili end up being very greasy tasting?
                  Nope - not greasy at all. The bacon is precooked before I add it, so it is drained. My ground beef is about 90% lean, so there is just 1 lb of grd pork that has some fat which doesn't make the chili greasy at all.
                  FaceBook: PaleoMusings

                  We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
                    Thanks, I have a 6 to 7 quart crock pot. Hope it won't push the capacity limits. I plan to try it on our next school holiday, Feb. 11, Lincoln's birthday, that way I can easily run home and check on it.
                    Your crock should be fine. Enjoy!
                    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

                    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is probably a stupid question, but do you brown the ground beef and sausage before you throw all the ingredients together?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Coop12oz View Post
                        This is probably a stupid question, but do you brown the ground beef and sausage before you throw all the ingredients together?
                        Nope, we precooked the bacon and drained it before, but the ground beef and ground pork (ours was straight grd pork, not sausage - but sausage sounds good!) we just put in the pot. Easy!
                        FaceBook: PaleoMusings

                        We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yummmmy! I might have to make that this weekend when I cook for the next week, thanks!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Catrin View Post
                            Yummmmy! I might have to make that this weekend when I cook for the next week, thanks!
                            You're welcome!
                            FaceBook: PaleoMusings

                            We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looks delicious! Chili is right up my alley, I'll definitely be trying this!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X