3 Meat Down Home Texas Chili

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Meat Down Home Texas Chili

YUM. Beef, Ground Pork, Bacon. Easy. Depth of flavor. Travels well. Hubby's brainchild <3
    Makes 6 quarts

Recipe here

Last edited by curlygirl; 01-27-2013, 01:18 PM.
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

This looks amazing!

Comment

Looks delicious. I'll be trying this out after my next shopping trip.
      The Age of Strife- My continuing journey to a happier, healthier, more natural lifestyle.

Comment

Thanks guys. As always, if you make it, love to hear your personal spin on this and tweaks! <3

Comment

Originally posted by curlygirl View Post
          YUM. Beef, Ground Pork, Bacon. Easy. Depth of flavor. Travels well. Hubby's brainchild <3
          Makes 6 quarts

Recipe here

I can do this! I will do this! My kind of cooking! Can it be done in a crock pot? Does it freeze well? Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
            I can do this! I will do this! My kind of cooking! Can it be done in a crock pot? Does it freeze well? Thanks a bunch.
            It will freeze well. I'm sure it can be done in a crock pot. My experience with slow cookers is that it will mute the taste of powdered spices unless you add them at the very end. So, if you cooked it in the crock, hold off on adding your chili powder, cumin etc. until about 15 min before you take it off the heat.

Comment

Thanks, I have a 6 to 7 quart crock pot. Hope it won't push the capacity limits. I plan to try it on our next school holiday, Feb. 11, Lincoln's birthday, that way I can easily run home and check on it.

Comment

Looking at the amount of meat in the recipe, being Primal, I don't worry about the amount of fat that won't be drained off, but does the chili end up being very greasy tasting?

Comment

Looking at the amount of meat in the recipe, being Primal, I don't worry about the amount of fat that won't be drained off, but does the chili end up being very greasy tasting?
                  Nope - not greasy at all. The bacon is precooked before I add it, so it is drained. My ground beef is about 90% lean, so there is just 1 lb of grd pork that has some fat which doesn't make the chili greasy at all.

Comment

Thanks, I have a 6 to 7 quart crock pot. Hope it won't push the capacity limits. I plan to try it on our next school holiday, Feb. 11, Lincoln's birthday, that way I can easily run home and check on it.
                    Your crock should be fine. Enjoy!

Comment

This is probably a stupid question, but do you brown the ground beef and sausage before you throw all the ingredients together?

Comment

Originally posted by Coop12oz View Post
                        This is probably a stupid question, but do you brown the ground beef and sausage before you throw all the ingredients together?
                        Nope, we precooked the bacon and drained it before, but the ground beef and ground pork (ours was straight grd pork, not sausage - but sausage sounds good!) we just put in the pot. Easy!

Comment

Yummmmy! I might have to make that this weekend when I cook for the next week, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
                            Yummmmy! I might have to make that this weekend when I cook for the next week, thanks!
                            You're welcome!

Comment

Looks delicious! Chili is right up my alley, I'll definitely be trying this!

Comment

Working...
                              X