Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite (tried and tested!) dessert recipe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sliced ananas, whiped cream (add cocoa powder as much as you can), shreded coconut or almond on top, maybe some strawberries for decoration.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfoxy View Post
      @Goldie - can you taste the avocado in this? My hubby doesn't like the taste and texture of avocados, even though I don't think they actually "taste" like anything, but I would love to be able to make a sweet treat without using SAD ingredients...
      Avocado tastes like soap. Although I do eat avocados now. And still remember the taste of soap from my childhood when I was too tempted to taste a strawberry flavored piece of soap. Actually the taste of soap was way different, but it does not change the feeling about the taste of avocado - like soap.

Comment

Thank you everyone! So great, yummy ideas!

Comment

Boiled sweet potato with cinnamon and slices of butter melted over it.
          well then

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            Avocado Chocolate Mousse

2 ripe avocados, cut into cubes
            1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
            4 T vanilla
            2 T heavy cream (optional)
            1/3 cup maple syrup

Use a blender to mix. Refrigerate.
            Also great for vitamin E which is hard to get
            well then

Comment

I've been playing around with some 'macaroon' recipes lately (trying to replicate treats I've found at one local coffee shop and the organic grocery I go to, while making them more primal)...these ones are excellent:
              Pistachio Almond Macaroons
              2 c almond flour
              1/2 c pistachios, finely ground
              1/4 c coconut syrup (make it using 1 c coconut sugar and 1/2 c water, simmer about 10 mins)
              2 T powdered coconut sugar (blitz the regular stuff in a coffee grinder)
              2 egg whites
              pinch salt
              1 t almond extract

Preheat oven to 200F. Combine almond flour, ground pistachios, powdered sugar and salt. Beat egg whites and extract until stiff; add syrup, beat a bit more (will thin right out). Fold whites into dry ingredients. Scoop dough using tablespoon measure, drop balls onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until they firm up and brown lightly - 35 minutes? I have no idea how long it was, I'm pretty bad for timing things...
              You can reduce the sweetener in these, too - I halved the syrup and the powdered sugar and they came out plenty sweet enough for my taste.

Comment

Working...
              X