X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. No grain, no sugar

Yumm!!!

Made it twice this week. he he
    Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – Grain Free, Sugar Free « Fit Chick's Kitchen
    It's true. You are what you eat.
    http://fitchickskitchen.wordpress.com

I'm not opposed to linking to your site at all but you could at least post the recipe so it is slightly less blatant self-promotion. At least half of your very few posts are just links to your blog.

Comment

That looks absolutely scrumptious! Thanks for sharing.
      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by jkr View Post
        I'm not opposed to linking to your site at all but you could at least post the recipe so it is slightly less blatant self-promotion. At least half of your very few posts are just links to your blog.
        Agreed. Technically, this kind of self-promoting post is against the forum rules.
        Depression Lies

Comment

Here, I'll help.

Sugar Free - Grain Free
          Banana Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

INGREDIENTS

1 cup almond flour
          1 tsp baking powder
          1/4 tsp sea salt
          3 eggs
          1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
          1/4 cup steviva blend
          1 cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas)

optional: cream cheese frosting

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
          Combine all ingredients in a bowl and spread into a greased square cake pan.
          Bake for approximately 40 minutes

Serving Size: makes 12 pieces

Nutritional Info for Cake Only
          Servings Per Recipe: 12
          Amount Per Serving
          Calories: 242.5
          Total Fat: 19.7 g
          Cholesterol: 40.7 mg
          Sodium: 152.9 mg
          Total Carbs: 10.4 g
          Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
          Protein: 7.5 g

Awesome... Thanks for that cool recipe Fitartist.
          (See, that wasn't so hard was it?)
          Last edited by cori93437; 01-19-2013, 03:33 PM.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Whatever... let her promote it. Nothing wrong with it, IMO. I'm always happy to find new and good blogs! Looks and sounds delicious!

Comment

It's blatantly against forum policy to only make posts linking sites.

She could just as easily post a full recipe here with her link at the bottom on occasion and people could chose to follow the link if they liked what they saw.
              *edit ... and is no less promotional.

Many people do not wish to click links no matter the title because those links are often false.

Doing it the other way could easily get her booted from the community as a spammer.
              A little education never hurt anyone.
              Last edited by cori93437; 01-19-2013, 03:43 PM.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
                Whatever... let her promote it. Nothing wrong with it, IMO. I'm always happy to find new and good blogs! Looks and sounds delicious!
                This. Internet hall monitors are really annoying. Who cares? The whole Web is a series of hyperlinks. Ridiculous.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

That looks absolutely scrumptious!

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    Here, I'll help.

Sugar Free - Grain Free
                    Banana Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

INGREDIENTS

1 cup almond flour
                    1 tsp baking powder
                    1/4 tsp sea salt
                    3 eggs
                    1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
                    1/4 cup steviva blend
                    1 cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas)

optional: cream cheese frosting

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
                    Combine all ingredients in a bowl and spread into a greased square cake pan.
                    Bake for approximately 40 minutes

Serving Size: makes 12 pieces

Nutritional Info for Cake Only
                    Servings Per Recipe: 12
                    Amount Per Serving
                    Calories: 242.5
                    Total Fat: 19.7 g
                    Cholesterol: 40.7 mg
                    Sodium: 152.9 mg
                    Total Carbs: 10.4 g
                    Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
                    Protein: 7.5 g

Awesome... Thanks for that cool recipe Fitartist.
                    (See, that wasn't so hard was it?)
                    She creates and blogs about a recipe and you think it's too much to ask to visit the blog to retrieve it for free? That's so rude of you to blatantly go against her wishes. Geesh. I wouldn't copy/paste Mark's whole blog post on another site; I'd simply link to it, because that's largely how the interwebs work.
                    Last edited by j3nn; 01-19-2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                      This. Internet hall monitors are really annoying. Who cares? The whole Web is a series of hyperlinks. Ridiculous.
                      And yet right now you sound exactly like one.

Maybe she just doesn't know the MDA policy...
                      What ever.
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                        And yet right now you sound exactly like one.

Maybe she just doesn't know the MDA policy...
                        What ever.
                        I didn't post about forum rules and grab content from someone's site to abide by alleged forum rules. There was nothing wrong with her OP. you took it upon yourself to correct what you felt was a forum violation and I think it's petty.

Comment

And I think your post remarking on it are petty.
                          See how that works?
                          Are the personal remarks really necessary?
                          I don't think so, but when you start sometimes you get it back.

Others in this thread obviously felt the same as I did about her abuse of forum rules about posting only links.
                          Opinions and all.
                          There are different ones.
                          Yours isn't really any more important or valid than mine and the others who have made remarks here.

And by posting that link she made the information available.
                          I simply made it more forum accessible.
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

So silly. Sites like chow stalker require you to click through for a recipe, I don't see what the big deal is and why someone would be so offended by it. But whatever.
                            Last edited by j3nn; 01-19-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I noted about the forum policy because I liked the recipe and didn't want the post to get deleted because it's not following the rules.

Yes, I was too lazy to click a few times and post the recipe here directly (thanks Cori). While I love to help fellow bloggers with page views, and I don't hide my own promotion (most of us have links to other sites in our signatures), I also don't think it's disrespectful to ask someone to follow the rules.

As for the recipe, it sounds awesome, and I will definitely try that (but with honey or maple syrup, don't like fake sweeteners) when I can eat nuts again!
                              Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                              X