Kimchi juice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimchi juice?

What do you do with the juice left after you finish a jar of kimchi? I hate to toss it because it seems like there would be some worthwhile nutrition in there, but I don't think I could just drink it straight. I'd hate to waste it if there's something good to do with it!

I drink it straight. I would imagine it would be a good dressing for plain white rice or a potato, though.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

You can make soup with it... helps if you have some kimchi left too.
      The more sour the kimchi is, the more flavor a soup will have.
      Pork/beef/fish/shrimp/etc, chopped onion, garlic, kimchi w/ juice, red pepper powder if you want it spicier, chicken or beef brother (or water), and whatever other veggies and whatnot you want to put in to it.... let it all cook up and yum yum delicious!
      DD born August 2012
      TTC #2
      SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
      CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
      Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
      Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Comment

Originally posted by LisaLS View Post
        You can make soup with it... helps if you have some kimchi left too.
        The more sour the kimchi is, the more flavor a soup will have.
        Pork/beef/fish/shrimp/etc, chopped onion, garlic, kimchi w/ juice, red pepper powder if you want it spicier, chicken or beef brother (or water), and whatever other veggies and whatnot you want to put in to it.... let it all cook up and yum yum delicious!
        That sounds good! But won't cooking it destroy the probiotic quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Kata View Post
          That sounds good! But won't cooking it destroy the probiotic quality?
          Wouldn't all the warm food with which you eat kimchi and the acid in your stomach also destroy the probiotic quality? Just use it whatever the way you want
          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
            Wouldn't all the warm food with which you eat kimchi and the acid in your stomach also destroy the probiotic quality? Just use it whatever the way you want
            I was wondering that myself this morning when I had some with my scrambled eggs. I need a scientist!

Comment

Working...
            X