What to do with a dozen egg whites?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dumetolisa
    Well I through dozens of eggs whites into the dustbin. Is there any problem in doing this?
    No. The tragedy is when people eat the whites and waste the yolks. I usually toss a few whites a day making omelets that are extra yolky.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Put them on your face, wait a couple minutes, and then shower.

With that many whites, you could put it all over your body. I do that sometimes.

I don't know why it works, but it clearly does something right.

Comment

I'm sure those egg whites are long used up, but next time, you could make souffle. I haven't delved into using almond/coconut flours yet, so if anyone has a good recipe, I'm all ears! Savory preferred.

Comment

personally, i'd make an egg white frittata out of them.

Comment

In the interest of full disclosure, after about 5 days of indecision, I fed the big bowl of egg whites back to the chickens. I poured them over bread crusts from the goose stuffing bread (non-primal, but hey it was Christmas Day), so the chickens got a special Christmas dinner, too. They loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by jmday View Post
              Make meringues or pavlovas. Light easy goodness.
              One million times.
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Spinach and cheese souffle. SO good.

Conversely, I made one the other week and have a ton of yolks laying around. Ideas?
                January 14th-306.2
                January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
                January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
                No, I'll fall.
                Come to the edge.
                No, it's too high.
                Come to the edge.
                I came
                She pushed
                And I flew

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeuskraemer View Post
                  have a ton of yolks laying around. Ideas?
                  Umm, do anything you would normally do with whole eggs and marvel at how much more delicious it is without all the silly whites?
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                    Use half of them - RAW! - in your pre-workout drink: Blend them in diet coke with one tablespoon of gelatin powder and two tablespoon of brewers yeast! Make sure to get rid of the gas in the coke before putting into blender. The other half, also RAW! - you can use in your post-workout shake: Blend the whites into milk and add some chocolate powder and also a spoonful of plain gelatin powders...

Um... Eww. Using flat diet coke as the base for your drink? Just... Eww.

Comment

Working...
                    X