Bourbon or rum balls!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bourbon or rum balls!

Just posted on my blog HANGRY: Deck Your Halls With Bourbon Balls (or Rum Balls) (GAPS, paleo, Primal, dairy free, gluten free)
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Bourbon !

Comment

Sweet!!! (pardon the pun :P) I used to make rum balls pre-paleo/primal every year at christmas time. These are goin' on the list!
      Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe, my family and I are gearing up to do the GAPS diet so your recipes will come in handy. I've been eating primally for over 2 1/2 yrs, make bone broth and fermented veggies but for some reason GAPS looks daunting to me. I bought the book and now I need to read it!
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

BOURBON Balls!!!

Yeah... these are gonna happen for a treat!
          I knew I snagged that bag of coconut flour four (months ago) and stuck it away in the freezer for a reason.
          One day I'd find a reason to actually USE it.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
            Thanks for the recipe, my family and I are gearing up to do the GAPS diet so your recipes will come in handy. I've been eating primally for over 2 1/2 yrs, make bone broth and fermented veggies but for some reason GAPS looks daunting to me. I bought the book and now I need to read it!
            Oh if you are down w/ fermenting and bone broth you have GAPS in the bag. The only thing that is difficult is the intro. I'm in my second year and I really love it. I feel like a zillion bucks. Let me know if you need any help.

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

Thanks everyone! They are so nom nom.

Comment

The Primal Blueprint.

Comment

Thanks me2, I may need some help. I just started reading the book and it's fascinating. It's the intro that scares me; I think I'll do okay on the full GAPS.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

OMG, thank you so much. I love bourbon balls. I never imagined that they could be sort of primalized. I'm going to try maple syrup vs the honey.

I will make these this weekend.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Made these with pecans and honey bourbon I had on hand. So delicious! They definately improve with some aging, though. Be patient and let them rest. I've hidden them to see how a week improves them.

Comment

Yes I noticed that too!

Comment

Working...
                        X