X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give the whites to my dog.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
      If you seriously bought ducks, be ready to clean TONS of poop. My grandma kept ducks and hens and ducks are by far filthier.. nature is nature, sure, but cleaning duck poop wasn't my favorite thing to do at 8 years old. Tons of maggots too. I never ate the duckies either I have no idea what my grandma did with them.
      LOL I have 9 horses. You wanna talk about tons of poop?
      Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Haha flintstones breakfast! I like that image, could become a recognised dish....

@Meatme216 that is hardcore! best supporter of the yolk Ive have seen yet, I know about not reachin your limit!
        www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

So I just threw my dog an entire hard boiled egg. After he bit it in half he licked out all the yolk. Dog knows where the good stuff is too. XD

Comment

Bit late, but poll added! please participate! Thanks!!
            Last edited by rockstareddy; 04-09-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=BarbeyGirl;89528]Yep. Duck eggs have a higher yolk percentage than do chicken eggs. The bad news is that duck eggs are fairly pricey ($4.50/dozen around these parts). My solution? I've just purchased a bunch of ducklings to raise for eggs and meat! Aren't they cute?
              QUOTE]

OMG! I love ducks! I had three of them last summer, but in a city yard they were impossible. Besides being insanely noisy and very demanding, they completely tore up the yard. They need to have water in order to eat properly and wash out their nostrils, and then they take that water and wet the ground with it, then drill down with their bills much further than you'd think possible. Between the noise and the mess, and the fact that a family member was horribly allergic to the eggs, I had to find a new home for them. Now I have three chickens, and it's like night and day. The chickens are much quieter and way less messy. But, at the end of the day, I'd have ducks again if I had an acreage, just not suitable for the city.

Comment

YOLK!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
                  LOL I have 9 horses. You wanna talk about tons of poop?
                  Eesh, nevermind then you're used to it. I've only ridden a horse thrice in life and the second time my horse just wanted to far through the entirety of my lesson, I couldn't get the posting thing down because I was laughing so hard. The last time I went on 25 mile trail ride and my horse took off on me following another horse that a more experienced rider had made gallop (run? the horse was moving fast is what I mean) I think that's the only time I've ever looked like a bobble head, I had no control whatsoever and I'm just happy I didn't fall off. My girlfriend laughed her head off (she knows how to ride) but the trail ride was a surprise gift from me for her birthday. Women.
                  I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Ive had dinner and that pic made me wanna go make it again!

Comment

Hey just bigging up the poll! two clicks from you is great for my research thx!

Comment

I don't know if you could actually sell a product with extra yolk... except to Primal converts!
                        I've always wanted to find an egg with a double yolk but it hasn't happened to me yet!

Barbey, those chicks are cute!

Comment

I would love to try duck eggs. Around here, we only get chicken even though there is a huge lake.
                          Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
                          Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
                          I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Comment

Have you tried Emu eggs? One is equivalent to 10 chicken eggs. We get ours from our Farmers Market. Yummm

Aren't they pretty?
                            Attached Files
                            Nutty Kitchen

cook for life!

Comment

I vote for more yolk! I spent 3 months in Africa doing some anthropological research. I stayed at this bed and breakfast type place in the country and had an ostrich egg omelet every morning for breakfast. But ONE omelet from ONE egg fed 10 people.
                              http://primalyak.blogspot.com

Comment

$4.50 a dozen!!! I would LOVE to find that price! Over here, it's $7!!

Comment

Working...
                                X