Hypothetical All Primal Restaurant.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical All Primal Restaurant.

This is purely speculative right now, but I was wondering how much you all think opening and stocking a purely primal restaurant would cost. Moreover, let's build a menu! I'll start:

Appetizer:
    Loaded sweet potato fries: bacon, melted and shredded cheese on top

Entree:
    Steak with veggies(classic)

Dessert:
    Dark chocolate coconut mousse

I've always thought it would be a fun venture. Part of me wanted to do it but not market it as Primal, just have it BE Primal, and so good that customers wouldn't even realize what was missing.

Also, the menu would change according to season.

Appetizer: The Wilderness Childe: Sweet & Savory Prosciutto Peppers or Raw oysters

Entree: Almond-crusted lamb chops, honey roasted root vegetables, and a kale salad

Dessert: Pomegranate mint sorbet

Comment

Oh and...bacon-wrapped shrimp with garlic butter dip

Comment

Not strictly primal but dang close and worth checking if you get to Manhattan: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread72060.html
        Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

Don't 50% of the restaurants fail in the first year? A niche restaurant like that, with high quality ingredients just doesn't stand a chance imo. Mark-up is just too hard to achieve as well as the turn around. Basically it is a steakhouse without the cheap sides. Cheap and bulk, soups and stews might have a bit more luck. Still, I believe that a food joint is too much of a dream for too many of people to bother even trying. It's neither easy, nor glamorous, nor you are 'your own woman' or all the other BS they put in the motherhood and apple pie books. My 2 cents.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

i think about this all the time (particularly because i like the idea of a chair-less eat in restaurant).

it would have to be pretty expensive if really sticking to primal foods, meaning they are all grass fed/pastured/organic/etc.

appetizer: deviled egg sampler (at least 6 different fillings)
            entree: grilled salmon with crispy skin, balsamic sauteed veggies, and a big portabella stuffed with goat cheese and other good stuff
            dessert: mixed berry coconut milk iced cream
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

It would cost a fortune to do properly.
              Restaurants are insanely expensive in the first place. Do you have experience with this? The menu is honestly the *last* place you want to start planning from.
              I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

One can daydream, can't they?

Comment

What about a food truck? If you're going to do this without a partner who already has restaurant experience, this might be the way to learn the ins and outs.

Dream!
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    What about a food truck? If you're going to do this without a partner who already has restaurant experience, this might be the way to learn the ins and outs.

Dream!
                    I've always thought food trucks were awesome, especially when it comes to serving the late-night bar crowd. Fatty, meaty goodness is where it's at! Plus drunk people are easily swayed and spendy.

I'm thinking, for a food truck, whatever it is has to be delicious but not TOO messy. The ultimate appeal is that you have one, two, maybe 3 things that you serve, and you do those few things extremely well.

Comment

It's not hypothetical!

We have two locations here in Portland--The Cultured Caveman
                      "Wait! I'll fix it!"
                      "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
                      "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

You'd probably do better with a food truck. We try to find food trucks to come out to my office once a week or once every other week... from 100ish people in our office on a private gated parking lot the trucks run out of stuff between 10:30am and 1:30pm. They have a vegetarian nacho truck that comes and people empty it out and don't even realize it's fake meat because there is only a tiny sticker on it that proclaims it a vegan truck and anytime they list a meat as a topping it's in "" "beaf" topping "cheese" topping. 2 different cajun ones clean up, and I know there is a gluten free one downtown that is always busy.
                        -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

That's very cool! I'm sorry I live on the east coast

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
                            It's not hypothetical!

We have two locations here in Portland--The Cultured Caveman
                            Just what I was going to say! Plus, Dick's Kitchen is paleo inspired and I eat there regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                              Don't 50% of the restaurants fail in the first year? A niche restaurant like that, with high quality ingredients just doesn't stand a chance imo. Mark-up is just too hard to achieve as well as the turn around. Basically it is a steakhouse without the cheap sides. Cheap and bulk, soups and stews might have a bit more luck. Still, I believe that a food joint is too much of a dream for too many of people to bother even trying. It's neither easy, nor glamorous, nor you are 'your own woman' or all the other BS they put in the motherhood and apple pie books. My 2 cents.
                              Well, Leida's taken care of the wine list.

Comment

Working...
                              X