Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of kitchen tools will I need in a Primal kitchen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German steal is nice but if you want a real treat JapaneseChefsKnife.Com Top Page Japanese Knife,Japanese Kitchen Knife,Japanese Cutlery,Japanese Chef's Knives.Com
    German steel is softer vs Japanese steel. I have a chef knife in both and use the Japanese for everything unless I am cutting squash. A wanderlust says 8" is good but if you can handle it a 10" is the way to go.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

I use my big cast iron pan more than any other single tool in my kitchen.

Comment

Wanderlust and Dirlot, thank you! Terrific information.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by 341gerbig View Post
          CAST IRON PANS.

Love em, learn to treat them right and they will treat you right.

When you first get a new pan, Treat with oil by letting it heat up in the pan for 10-15 mins, make sure the oil gets in all the knooks and crannies, then flush with cold water.
          This seals the pan and adds flavour to the pan.
          Just make sure to never use soap on it, just scrape off all debris, rinse off with hot water.
          Can we even buy cast iron pans that don't come pretreated anymore? I know Lodge stopped making them. I'm not a fan of the soy based coating.
          sigpic
          Age 48
          Start date: 7-5-12
          5'3"
          121lbs
          GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
          Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Originally posted by PHaselow View Post
            Can we even buy cast iron pans that don't come pretreated anymore? I know Lodge stopped making them. I'm not a fan of the soy based coating.
            I got some for Christmas last year, she got them from some traditionalist company for fairly cheap, ill try to find out the name of it.

Usually cookware speciality shops carry untreated cast iron pans, usually moderately costly.

Otherwise, SCOUR YOUR GRANDPARENTS BASEMENTS

Comment

Or check ebay for old pans. You can get Wagner and other good brands for decent prices.
              Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
              X