Apple cider vinegar. Ohmy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple cider vinegar. Ohmy

This stuff works wonders I know. I have some I was taking for my pcos months ago. Started taking it again since pcos flared its ugly head again but I'm struggling getting it down. I was taking it will black strap molasses but not sure about the sugar content and starting this new life style. I take about 1 tbsp. I'm gagging getting it down.

Would love suggestions. I don't use it On my salads either.
    ✼ Mamaoftwins ✼
    Discover Wildlife ~ Raise Twins!
    I live in the land of the giants! Hubby 6'6" Twins 6'5" me 5'4"

Sw ~ 153
    Cw ~ 153
    Gw ~ 130

Enh, just dump some in some water or something and slam it down. Then drink some more water. If it's tough to drink, just treat it like medicine.

Comment

I love sour things, but diluting it could work. How about incorporating it into a salad dressing? Or putting it over fish, chicken, or potatoes? In almost anything where you'd use another vinegar or lemon juice, you can substitue ACV. You can use it to offset salty and sweet tastes in some dishes. Blend it up with some sweet berries and your oil of choice for a vinaigrette.

If all else fails, chug it like a shot.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Put it in water. I find it tastes kinda nice with water. Or hide it in some watered down apple cider!
        Depression Lies

Comment

I use ACV, EVOO and sea salt on my salad(s) daily as a dressing.

Comment

Will try each of these suggestions. Thank you all. Not going to stop till I find a solution
            this stuff is too good to quit taking
            ✼ Mamaoftwins ✼
            Discover Wildlife ~ Raise Twins!
            I live in the land of the giants! Hubby 6'6" Twins 6'5" me 5'4"

Sw ~ 153
            Cw ~ 153
            Gw ~ 130

Comment

It makes wonderful salad dressing, 1/4 cup ACV, 3 tbls water, 1/2 cup olive oil, then all the spices you want ( lasts me about a week and a half, you can buy one of those glass bottles to store it in). Also I think it tastes pretty good in plain water, I do 2 tsp in 8 oz of water, 2 X day (morning and right before dinner), drink with a straw to protect your teeth!

Comment

Capful in a cup of water ... chug chug chug!

How about a capful in a warm cup of chamomile tea? While getting off PPI for gastric reflux, that was my medicine, drunk as often as I liked.

Greycat's suggestion is really sound. I use cider vinegar a lot as well, to marinate salads - mushroom, green peppers, red onion and such like as a salsa to spicy food is nice. Cider vinegar can easily become part of a daily life.

Good luck with easing your symptoms ... I hope you can push through and get shot of it.
                Paul
                http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

Yeah dilute with water. I even like it in hot water and sip it like tea. Otherwise chug it down, chase with water.

Comment

2 teaspoons in hot water with a teaspoon of honey. Barbara Cartland used to advocate Honegar!

Comment

What is the main benefit in the context of a primal diet?

Is it good to start digestion in the morning?

Comment

Have you tried Kombucha instead? Love this stuff. Once I started brewing it I was able to give up the apple cider 100% Check out website called Kombucha Kamp. Also check out Maca Powder. Super food with so many benefits. Everyone talks about how nasty it tastes. I found if you mix it with unsweetened almond milk,little pure vanilla extract and pinch in cinnamon it is very tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamaoftwins View Post
                          Will try each of these suggestions. Thank you all. Not going to stop till I find a solution
                          this stuff is too good to quit taking
                          Make a small amount of *tea* with honey and drink it down quick. Don't make it too hot in case overheating ACV destroys the beneficial properties of it. I happen to love a vinegar taste, but I get why some might not.

I think the small amount of sugar from honey will be just fine if that is what you need. Make it raw honey and you'll get the good enzymes from that, too. Win-win.
                          sigpic
                          Age 48
                          Start date: 7-5-12
                          5'3"
                          121lbs
                          GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
                          Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Working...
                          X