The Non-Recipe Recipe Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm suprised by taste of easy food I have made for dinner:
    I sliced eggplant, put it on parchment paper, drizzle with butter/olive oil, salt and pepper. I baked on 200C (390F) and once it was slightly brown, I added grated goat cheese (balkan - it is really salty kind) on top. Baked it few more minutes. Sooo gooood
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
    iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
      [ATTACH]11427[/ATTACH]

Cucumbers with goat cheese, basil and smoked salmon.
      You and I could have been roomies. I wrap the same stuff in nori, but now I have to try cucumber as the platform!

Originally posted by SugarfreeLife View Post
      I'm suprised by taste of easy food I have made for dinner:
      I sliced eggplant, put it on parchment paper, drizzle with butter/olive oil, salt and pepper. I baked on 200C (390F) and once it was slightly brown, I added grated goat cheese (balkan - it is really salty kind) on top. Baked it few more minutes. Sooo gooood
      Great idea for one of my favorite foods. (I have to admit that I don't eat it as much because the way I used to eat it was dipped in bread crumbs and egg and then fried.)

Y'all have me drooling - everyone, not just the above. It's almost 3pm; I can't wait to eat. LOL
      Last edited by JoanieL; 05-29-2013, 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Burger Burger - Triple the beef, triple the fun
        Why bother with lettuce and mushrooms for bun substitutes when you can have MORE MEAT? Use burgers as buns, with a burger (or two!) inside, desired condiments and toppings pressed between that juicy meat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Castle View Post
          Burger Burger - Triple the beef, triple the fun
          Why bother with lettuce and mushrooms for bun substitutes when you can have MORE MEAT? Use burgers as buns, with a burger (or two!) inside, desired condiments and toppings pressed between that juicy meat.
          LOL - that's awesome! It also sounds like a great idea for a grilled cheese sandwich. Two burgers with choice of cheese melted between. Or two burgers with a couple of fried eggs in between. Tomato and homemade mayo - okay, I'm drooling on my keyboard over that one.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL
            My first lamb dish in so many years, I honestly don't remember when I last ate it.

Ground lamb + feta cheese + garlic powder and spices = the burgers.

Yogurt + cucumber processed to creamy in the food processor = the sauce.

I cooked the burgers on a fairly high heat to get a decent char on the outside - came out nice and juicy. Sliced some cherry tomatoes in half and put them on top. Covered the whole thing with the yogurt sauce. Tangy, juicy, meaty delicious goodness.

The pics aren't that great, but I ain't no photographer, just a cavegirl dancing in her kitchen.

Yum... That sounds good! I'm going to have to try it soon.

Comment

• Ohhh...now I'm hungry. I want to try more burger burgers with the good meat - I totally had mine at a BBQ with CAFO meat and ketchup/mustard loaded with HFCS. But it was still good. And a grilled cheese? That will be my first meal as soon as I buy more ground beef. Mmm.

Fair warning - it's not clean like a bun. At all. But it's tastier.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                thai red curry.
                brown some meat chunks in some coconut oil or butter. you can throw in some chopped garlic and onions if you like. add a few tbsp red curry paste. fry for a little while longer. stir in a can of coconut milk, approx a cup of broth ( opt ) and a tbsp of fish sauce ( opt ) or a bit of coconut sugar to sweeten. simmer till the meat is done. you can add things like chopped cilantro, different spices like some cinnamon. sweet potatoes and peas. serve over steamed veges or mashed potatoes. or add in some pinapple chunks and eat like soup. you can make this with fish or shellfish. prob even eggs. make it green or yellow curry etc. add in beanshoots and water chestnuts and other veges etc.
                I know this is an older post, but it's new to me... Keeping this idea on file! Sounds wonderful!

Comment

• When I'm low on money and need a really cheap-o meal I fry up ground beef with lots of salt, pepper, garlic & fennel, then I drain it and while still hot mix in some homemade mayo or aioli, a squirt of mustard and a dash of worcestershire sauce. Then I mix this creamy goodness into raw broccoli slaw or shredded cabbage (you can throw in any other raw veggies at this point too) top with a little crumbled feta and I'm in heaven!

Comment

• How about the Un-candy bar -- 1/4 oz. of unsweetened baking chocolate (I use "Baker's" brand which has the bar marked off ion 1/4 oz. rectangles - the ingredients are just "chocolate" ), 1 date, and 1 Brazil nut. Take all three and eat at the same time.

Now, I suppose you could make bars by combining 4 dates per oz. of unsweetened chocolate in a food processor, then mixing with chopped nuts of choice in a bowl, and then press into a pan and cut into bars, but why? My way you don't dirty any dishes, it tastes like a candy bar, and there are no weird ingredients (although I could get some organic chocolate but I'm too cheap for that).
                    Ruth

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

Comment

• I love halva, but the common stuff is too sweet for me, so I mixed organic tahini, honey and cocoa = yummyyy 1 tsp honey for 100 g tahini is enough for me.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
                      iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

Comment

• Spaghetti Squash & Salmon is such a BOMB combo!!!

Comment

• Ground beef and spinach topped with 2 fried eggs...runny yoke and warm burger...heaven!

Any thing in the fridge in broth, boil and then dump raw scrambled eggs into the boil and stir quick. Even just kale and broth with the egg drop i

Comment

• Livers ... any ... chicken, lamb or beef, just dice and saute in lots of good butter. Don't colour up, just get it cooked through. Blend. Scrape into a ramekin and chill in the fridge overnight. Eat with carrot and celery sticks.

How to enjoy liver in one very easy step.

Add a little double cream when blending for a really sumptuous "parfait".
                            Paul
                            http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                            http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

• Originally posted by pjgh View Post
                              Livers ... any ... chicken, lamb or beef, just dice and saute in lots of good butter. Don't colour up, just get it cooked through. Blend. Scrape into a ramekin and chill in the fridge overnight. Eat with carrot and celery sticks.

How to enjoy liver in one very easy step.

Add a little double cream when blending for a really sumptuous "parfait".
                              What butter do you use mr H?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Aged Gouda, dates and pecans.
                                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Working...
                                X