No announcement yet.

The Non-Recipe Recipe Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night I put some ricotta, cream cheese, cocoa, a tiny splash of almond milk, and non caloric sweetener in the food processor. It was yummy. Remembered the cayenne pepper and added a little of that - even yummier!

I'm thinking this spicy/sweet thing is well worth exploring.

Sweet potatoes and butter - awesome!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
      add cocoa or carob powder to chili, stew, and beef rubs to add more depth and character to your dish
      YES! I add cocoa to chili - people love it.
      Female, age 51, 5' 9"
      SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
      2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Most of my lunches fit this bill ...

I just shred some lettuce, sometimes mix it up with some interesting leaves or white cabbage ... or red cabbage, then some tomato, cucumber, radish, perhaps a little cheese, some protein over the top, be it fish, canned fish, shredded chicken, leftover meat, whatever I have ... and a boiled egg. Sometimes an avocado.

Whatever I have to hand ...

... and it's always good.

It's basically, Mark's 'Five Minute Lunch' but I don't have that cool drawer he's got.
        Paul
        http://www.pjgh.co.uk
        http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

I like those easy go-to meals. Eggs are like that for me - I'll throw just about anything into scrambled eggs. Your big ass salad sounds terrific.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

The Post Workout Potato Pancake Frittata or something like that
            Slice up potatoes (I like the sweet ones after a big workout) using a mandoline, fairly thin so they don't take too long to cook. Get out your nonstick pan and drop them in there on medium-high, cover with a lid. Let them sorta steam in their own moisture for a little, and keep moving them around and flipping til they're fairly cooked through. Then add some spices---I use nutmeg, cinnamon, and a bit of turmeric usually. Then crack a few eggs over the top and fill in the rest of the pan with egg beaters/whites if you want. Cover that sucker up and let it cook a few minutes. Then throw the pan under the broiler for a minute or two til crispy perfection. Sprinkle on some more delicious spices, and voila! I usually eat it with greek yogurt and berries.

Comment

This one was sort of a fail for me. Ever since Buffalo Wings got popular, chicken wings went from being the "garbage" sold for pennies a pound to being priced like real meat. I don't have a prob with that, but I won't buy them. I will "buffalo" just about anything else and Buffalo Thighs work great.

So, anyway, I found turkey necks really cheap and buffalo-ed them. One bottle of hot sauce to one stick of butter. Not great. The good news is that once I picked off all the meat (it's not terrible and will be fine in a stir fry), I have a nice amount of bones for broth.

Lovin' all the ideas I'm getting here.

B*tch-lite

Comment

My super lazy meal- I put a frozen buffalo patty on slow cook. Then, grab handfulls of fresh herbs from my garden, shred them, scatter them over the meat. Shred, stir, put meat, drippings, herbs on top of spinach/lettuce salad.

Comment

roasted capsicum makes any salad greens so much yummier. With fetta is a meal on its own

Comment

I drop a raw egg or two in my smoothies. Makes them smoother and richer.
                    http://meatsleeprepeat.com/
                    http://ternioncrossfit.com/

Comment

Coffee cup full of coconut cream with unsweetened cocoa powder and a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg then nuke=ketogenic hot chocolate.

Comment

Coarsely chop cabbage (or cucumbers, radishes), sprinkle with coarse salt and vinegar, a touch of water, optionally dill or red pepper flakes. Beats chips.
                        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one that enjoys munching on cabbage

Comment

Yum!

My go to junk meal - nuke sweet potato. Fry up chorizo, onion, red peppers (and any other veggie lingering in your fridge), stir through pesto (mine is primal, yay!) and dump on top of sweet potato.

Optional - top with mozzarella (or cheese of choice) and grill until beautiful and brown. It's like pizza!
                            The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

Nice play on a potato, Goose.

Last night dredged (lightly) some oysters in tapioca flour. Put them on a bacon greased baking pan (a cookie sheet or bottom of two-part broiler pan would work). Topped each one with a tiny piece of each: butter, provolone cheese, jalapeno. Put under low broiler setting far enough away that they wouldn't char. 10 minutes. Let cool just enough that you can get a spatula under them and the cheese doesn't stay in the pan. Omg, that came out far better than I thought it would.

I think parmesan would work on this also and give it a crunchier rather than meltier feel. Also, I'm not sure the tapioca flour really added anything and next time I'm going to try it without. Oh, and you want to drain and pat dry the oysters before dredging.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Has anyone got anymore? I like reading these

For a super refreshing summer drink, I make big jugs of chai tea (no milk) and add lemon juice. Juice of one lemon to approx 2 litres of tea is perfect for me. Serve with heaps of ice. Served it to some GFs over lunch the other day and they loved it!
                                The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X