Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i make syrupy sweet potatos like you get from a can?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like dessert, 2 thumbs up
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
      So heres my plan:

chop up 2 sweet potatoes in cubes and put in a dish. melt 3 tbsp each of butter, maple syrup, and coconut sugar together and pour over the cubes and toss it all to coat. throw some foil over the pan and bake in the oven for 45 mins or so then take off the foil and cover with my homemade marshmallows and a coconut/cashew streusel topping.

sound good? will this give me the results i desire? or should i roast or bake the cubes before pouring the syrup mix over it?
      Ive always baked the sweet potatoes whole before peeling/chop up, add butter/sweet stuff,then roast in a pan until I remember to take them out (usally 20-30 minutes incl. 5 minutes for mallow topping)
      Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

So heres my plan:

chop up 2 sweet potatoes in cubes and put in a dish. melt 3 tbsp each of butter, maple syrup, and coconut sugar together and pour over the cubes and toss it all to coat. throw some foil over the pan and bake in the oven for 45 mins or so then take off the foil and cover with my homemade marshmallows and a coconut/cashew streusel topping.

sound good? will this give me the results i desire? or should i roast or bake the cubes before pouring the syrup mix over it?
        try this just once

take any sweet you desire.

wake up on day off. turn oven on to 225
        wrap said potato in foil after a liberal application of the fat of your choice ( butter, coconut, butter )

place in oven

come back in 4 - 6 hours.
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

all you do is add brown sugar, butter and bake. It will caramelize all by itself. I make them every thanksgiving.

such as bruces yams?

they use corn syrup but i was wondering how i would cook regular sweet potatoes and get that syrupy look and taste.
          Health is Wealth!

Comment

If your sweet potato is not so sweet, I'm going to say honey would be a useful sweetener to add.
            Paul
            http://www.pjgh.co.uk
            http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

Originally posted by simpstr View Post
              all you do is add brown sugar, butter and bake. It will caramelize all by itself. I make them every thanksgiving.
              so just chop the potato into chunks and cover with sugar and butter and the syrup will come out on its own? do i need to cover it with foil or anything?

Comment

would boiling chunks of sweet potato just until slightly tender but not quite easily mashable then putting in a pan and coating them with my butter/sugar/maple syrup mix covering with foil and popping in the oven be a better option and a bit faster?

Comment

Working...
                X