Fish liver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Markbt View Post
    I will be going deep sea fishing next month, I will have to keep this in mind. Are there any other fish organs worth eating? Maybe the heart? If I didn't want to eat the livers raw, I imagine they would be good cooked in some butter also (what isn't?)
    Can definitely eat the heart, but it is usually quite small
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by Mutton View Post
      Flounder liver tastes horrible, was full of gritty stuff. Or maybe it wasn't the liver : S
      I never meant to put it in my mouth in any case...

Incidentally, does anyone know anything about heavy metals and dioxins in fish livers? Or their nutrient profile generally?
      Saw something the other day about PCBs in fish liver impeding uptake of vit D. It was a Norwegian study

Nothing specific on nutrient profile but they are definitely rich in vit D, vit A and omega3
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

So maybe avoid large carnivorous fish?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryancarter1986 View Post
          Love monkfish liver also. Quite strong abit like veal sweetbreads in texture needs lemon juice to cut thru.
          Had seabass liver , very tasty.
          I simply pan fry in fat .

London
          Hi how did do get seabass liver, if I can ask? Am quite keen to get this.
          Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Was at a farmers market and the fishmonger was gutting the whole fish 4 some silly man who just wanted it filleted and I said I will have them. Thank u very much.

Every whole fish should have them.
            If u have a good relationship with your fishmonger they will put them aside for you.
            Lemon / Dover sole are pretty nice too.

Monkfish & turbot liver quite strong to the others.

London

Comment

Originally posted by Ryancarter1986 View Post
              Was at a farmers market and the fishmonger was gutting the whole fish 4 some silly man who just wanted it filleted and I said I will have them. Thank u very much.

Every whole fish should have them.
              If u have a good relationship with your fishmonger they will put them aside for you.
              Lemon / Dover sole are pretty nice too.

Monkfish & turbot liver quite strong to the others.

London
              Yet to find a fishmonger at any local farmers markets, but I'll keep my eyes open thanks.
              Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Jut try ur ordinary fishmonger , not just farmers market

London

Comment

Caught a skipjack tuna yesterday. Liver was OK but nowhere near as good as snapper. Also quite small for the size of fish. Beginning to think that benthic feeders have tastier livers than pelagics

Also, I've tried searching on a number of occasions but, apart from cod liver, I can't find any information on fish liver nutrients. I presume they are rich in omega-3 oils and vitamins A & D but would like to know the numbers and also their mineral composition. Anyone have any info?

Comment

Working...
                  X