You HAVE to try this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You HAVE to try this

It's not really a recipe and I'm sure I'm not the first one to make this but:

Slice a sweet potato in a couple of thick slices, boil it, put it on your plate. Put a lot of cinnamon on it and melt butter over every slice. I think it's better than bacon
    well then

Better than bacon? Blasphemy!

It sounds pretty good though.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Comment

I think I will try that next time I bake some sweet tatie chips.

Better than bacon-time to wash your mouth out with soap lol,
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

I like to slice one up, put the pieces on foil, put some butter and/or coconut oil on there, sprinkle garlic salt, chili powder, and sometimes a touch of cinnamon on there, wrap up the foil, bake, then unwrap and broil for just a couple of minutes. So freaking good.

Comment

I don't think it is possible that it is better than bacon...but the recipe sounds good and I will try it. Both of them

Comment

I love cinnamon and sweet potato together. If I make pan-fried sweet potato I tend to use pretty much the same spices as Mr. Anthony (except that I use garlic powder, not salt) plus maybe some chopped onion or onion powder.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
              I like to slice one up, put the pieces on foil, put some butter and/or coconut oil on there, sprinkle garlic salt, chili powder, and sometimes a touch of cinnamon on there, wrap up the foil, bake, then unwrap and broil for just a couple of minutes. So freaking good.
              I just did this....OMG it was incredible! Not as good as bacon, but pretty darn close! I found myself cleaning the coconut oil left in my saucer with my finger I've been having a problem with enough carbs, but I think I just found a favorite!

Comment

that ^ sounds good! I've been trying to get my husband to like sweet potatoes more--I will try this!
                http://www.cantneverdidanything.net/

Comment

toss them in butter and sprinkle with cinnamon, then bake in oven like that ==very delicious. Have with bacon.

Comment

It's not better than bacon, but, I wrap mine in foil, throw them on the grill (char-coal only, of course) for about 45, then throw on some steaks. pull it all off at the same time, which is whenever the steaks are done to your liking (medium), then slice, butter, and cinnamon on the sweet potatoes, and horse radish on the side for the steaks. The perfect meal... in my not so humble opinion.

Wash it all down with a glass of Russian River Valley Pinot Noir.

Thank me later.

Comment

I like to fry my sweet potato chips in coconut oil and add either salt or cinnamon, depending on whether I want them to taste like butter or dessert.
                      I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

we like to fry our sweet potatoes in lard, then add onion, broccoli and bacon. The best meal anytime!
                        link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

I'll bake one in foil, slit it open and scoop the insides out, mix them all up with cinnamon, butter and maple syrup and put it back in the skin, then roast it a little longer, maybe with some vintage cheddar or buffalo cheese melted over it. Amaze.

Comment

I'm going to have to go buy a lot more sweet potato after reading some of the suggestions on this thread. I hope I don't burn DW and DS out on sweet potato.
                            Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
                            SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
                            CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Comment

Today I did the same, but I sprinkled a tiny bit of coconut sugar over it and wrapped it with bacon.
                              well then

Comment

Working...
                              X