Ideas for duck?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for duck?

So, I bought a duck leg. Figured that before I order a whole duck, I should try a part first.

I found some recipes by googling, but I'd love to hear some tried and loved ones from here.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

This. Rice optional.

The Wilderness Childe: Elderberry Duck with Fruited Rice

Comment

That looks wonderful! Thank you.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I like to roast mine with apples.

Comment

Lucky duck!

Every time I've been served duck at a fancy restaurant it's been rare in the middle and almost charred on the outside - like tuna is served, almost. I don't know if that's a duck thing or a restaurant thing, though!

Comment

Generally speaking, duck and fruit go well together. Get creative!

Ohhh... duck with mandarin oranges. Mmmm....

Comment

It's also nice rubbed with a paste made of crushed garlic, fresh grated ginger, a touch of tamari and enough honey to bind the paste (I use a teaspoon of honey for a whole duck to be divided between 5 of us, so a drop or two should do).

Comment

Originally posted by sarasue624 View Post
                Lucky duck!

Every time I've been served duck at a fancy restaurant it's been rare in the middle and almost charred on the outside - like tuna is served, almost. I don't know if that's a duck thing or a restaurant thing, though!
                Same. Incidentally, I do NOT like that. I cook mine thoroughly.

Comment

Good hints and ideas!

Has anyone done a duck confit? (Say con-fee with your best Maurice Chevalier accent.) It seems truly decadent.

B*tch-lite

Comment

This recipe: Easy Duck Confit Recipe | Simply Recipes is a little time consuming, but is very easy and delicious!

While the duck was resting after I took it out of the oven, I put most of the rendered fat into a pan and made duck fat french fries. They were awesome, and I understand why they've become so trendy. Some recipes recommend dipping them in aioli, but I thought they were stand alone good.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                    X