X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canning Homemade Coconut Milk

Hey,

First time poster here.

I've been being primal/paleo since March. I love it. The biggest thing that I consume is homemade coconut milk.

Can coconut milk be canned to help preserve in the cupboard or in the fridge and not spoil?

Let me know. I can stuff all the time and am just wondering. Rather not waste precious coconut milk due to experiments.

Bradford

Canning and Preserving Milk at Home : Razor Family Farms

Here's a guide.

Comment

Personally, I use mason jars. Just grab one from the box in which they came, pour in the strained coconut milk (using a funnel), pop on the lid and screw on the ring. I have yet to have a single jar go bad, even though I don't bother sterilizing them. Admittedly, I haven't made all that many, but I have taken quite some time to consume some of them.

I keep it in my fridge and, when I need it, I put it in a small saucepan of water and heat it over low heat until the cream melts. Shake it up and serve.

Edit: By the way, I made a topic about this a while back, but nobody replied. What is your preferred ratio for homemade coconut milk?
      See my progress at Cocoa's Corner.

Or check out my journal thread here.

If I accidently make you a brony or convert you to Taoism, well... you shouldn't have talked to me if you didn't want that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanna View Post
        Thanks you soooo much for this!!

Originally posted by CocoaNut View Post
        Personally, I use mason jars. Just grab one from the box in which they came, pour in the strained coconut milk (using a funnel), pop on the lid and screw on the ring. I have yet to have a single jar go bad, even though I don't bother sterilizing them. Admittedly, I haven't made all that many, but I have taken quite some time to consume some of them.

I keep it in my fridge and, when I need it, I put it in a small saucepan of water and heat it over low heat until the cream melts. Shake it up and serve.

Edit: By the way, I made a topic about this a while back, but nobody replied. What is your preferred ratio for homemade coconut milk?
        I do the same. I was just wondering temp/pressure and alotted time in the PC.

That article is the beeseneese!

Bradford

Comment

I have yet to have a single jar go bad

Comment

Working...
          X