Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken noodle soup- Can Quinoa replace the noodles? Anyone ever try this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken noodle soup- Can Quinoa replace the noodles? Anyone ever try this?

I love to make chicken noodle soup from scratch, but I will obviously be omitting the noodles...would Quinoa work as a substitute?? Any suggestions?? Thanks!

I'm not sure on the quinoa. I tend to use zucchini strips added towards the very end, and let it cook just long enough to become noodle like in texture. I think spaghetti squash might work.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      I'm not sure on the quinoa. I tend to use zucchini strips added towards the very end, and let it cook just long enough to become noodle like in texture. I think spaghetti squash might work.
      Hmm. does that make it very watery though? (I know it's soup, but I don't want to ruin the brothy flavor) Although I guess at the very end to add would be ok. I will try that...thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X