What to do with this can of sardines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with this can of sardines?

So I bought some sardines yesterday and don't really know what to do with them. Just eat them out of the can straight? Any ideas?

If you're not used to eating them, put a little mustard on them and eat em out of the can.

Comment

I just eat 'em straight, but some people mix them into salads, I guess.
      Depression Lies

Comment

Okay, you all, there are about three or four canned fish threads going on this site. Now I know why those little cans of fish I used to pick up for a song have tripled in price! Just kidding, it's kind of good to not feel like a weirdo - well, with respect to small cans of stinky fish anyway.

I like them straight out of the can, and the mustard is yummy also. One other thing would be a litte tomato paste diluted a bit with water and hot sauce.

Some people cook with them, but I haven't tried that yet. So much food, so little time.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Eat them like that but if you have a spouse like mine you'd better eat them outside since they'll smell up the house for a while.
          Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

I shred them up over a salad.

Comment

fork!

Comment

Mash em' with avocado!

Comment

Salad. Arugula, couple of slices of buffalo mozzarella, plop on the sardines and top with spicy mustard

Comment

I mix them with some dijon, dill, and then mix them into my scrambled eggs as they're cooking.

Comment

straight from the tin with habanero hot sauce...
                      Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

I eat mine straight from the tin. It's a no hassle kind of meal. Followed with ruby red grapefruit, yum. I just started an auto delivery of Wild Planetsardines from Amazon. Almost half what it costs at my co-op.

Comment

make fisherman's eggs! where you basically bake them with eggs, some garlic and parsley. Or make a kind of salad out them with two boiled eggs, some capers, dijon mustard, lemon, parsley all mashed up.

I also make sardine patties, with mashed cauliflower instead of potato, lemon dill capers and and egg only I haven't yet found a substitute for bread crumbs so, although not pale, i still use those to coat them with.

Comment

I have a friend who puts them on top of oatmeal.

Comment

I ate sardines straight up out of the can for lunch today. I like the Mediterranean seasoned ones the best. I've heard of people putting them in sauces (pureed) but haven't tried that yet.
                              High Weight: 225
                              Weight at start of Primal: 189
                              Current Weight: 174
                              Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X