chia seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antiochia View Post
    I haven't tried it with coconut milk -- I was afraid the fat in the coconut milk would make clumps when the pudding was chilled and I didn't want grainy clumps of coconut oil in my pudding. Now, with your encouragement, I should probably try it and see!
    I didn't put it back in the fridge. I kept it in the mason jar and took it with me and shook it now and then. Once all the liquid had been absorbed I added more coconut milk and used the back of a spoon to separate any clumps. I have half of it left for tomorrow..I put a tiny bit of honey and vanilla in. Yum.
    A Woman's Place Is In The Revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      i can get a brand of coconut milk which is fair traded here that is only about 1g less fat per can than coconut cream and it doesnt do that clumpy fat thing when it gets cold. i make coconut milk creme brulee without sugar with it which is divinely smooth. what sort of flavour do chia seeds have or is it just a texture thing?
      No flavor, tiny crunch. The texture didn't bother me at all...the visual is something else. Not terrible but very different.

Your coconut creme brulee sounds killer!

Comment

its literally just coconut milk and egg yolks and vanilla. so sub the coconut milk for the cream in a creme brulee recipe and ditch the sugar altogether. the key is to chill it right down before you eat it but then that goes for the real creme brulee as well. i eat is as is but you could also eat it with fruit like berries. my feeling too is if you melted in an amount of 85% chocolate it would prob be pretty special. maybe for xmas lol

hopefully i dont get distracted and remeber to get some chia seeds tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          its literally just coconut milk and egg yolks and vanilla. so sub the coconut milk for the cream in a creme brulee recipe and ditch the sugar altogether. the key is to chill it right down before you eat it but then that goes for the real creme brulee as well. i eat is as is but you could also eat it with fruit like berries. my feeling too is if you melted in an amount of 85% chocolate it would prob be pretty special. maybe for xmas lol

hopefully i dont get distracted and remeber to get some chia seeds tomorrow.
          I've copied this to my Paleo food doc for later. I'll give this a try, Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by meeme View Post
            I didn't put it back in the fridge. I kept it in the mason jar and took it with me and shook it now and then. Once all the liquid had been absorbed I added more coconut milk and used the back of a spoon to separate any clumps. I have half of it left for tomorrow..I put a tiny bit of honey and vanilla in. Yum.
            You are probably right -- if you eat it within a day or two it probably would not need to be refrigerated. I hadn't thought of that!
            Ruth

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

Comment

i looked at the chia seeds but couldnt do it lol they just looked too much like one of those healthy vegan foods. i will try again next week!

Comment

Working...
              X