Broccoli cheese soup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broccoli cheese soup

Hey there.... Anyone have a good recipie for broccoli cheese soup or asparagus cheese soup? The one I've always made has flour added and without it I don't know how to make it properly. Need the occasional cheese fix.
    Thanks.

Hoping for an answer too, because I love that stuff.
    Durp.

Comment

The Quest for Healthier Meals - Savory Simple: A Recipe Blog

I've made this cream of asparagus soup from Canyon Ranch Cooks recipe book before. It is very good especially if you have a high speed blender to make it silky smooth. I use almond milk or coconut milk instead of the soy or no reason you couldn't use cows milk if thats what you do. I would just add shredded cheese when you add the milk. No need for flour at all. And I'm sure you could try it with brocolli and not asparagus. Enjoy

Comment

I will be also intersted for these answer
        Paleo Cook Book

Comment

Miss Understood posted this in the Eat Moar Fat thread:

I am making Multi-fat soup today. Broccoli base with Kerrygold cheese, onions, misc. spices, chopped bacon, bacon grease, coconut milk, heavy cream, a little tahini, and a little almond butter. I just taste it as I go and add ingredients to taste.

sounds awesome. maybe she could be cajoled to guesstimate measurements

Comment

Roasted Broccoli Cheddar Soup | she cooks…he cleans

Comment

Thanks for the recipe! I've been craving broccoli cheese soup for the past week!

Comment

Originally posted by sjmc View Post
                Miss Understood posted this in the Eat Moar Fat thread:

I am making Multi-fat soup today. Broccoli base with Kerrygold cheese, onions, misc. spices, chopped bacon, bacon grease, coconut milk, heavy cream, a little tahini, and a little almond butter. I just taste it as I go and add ingredients to taste.

sounds awesome. maybe she could be cajoled to guesstimate measurements
                I will be making broccoli soup soup! I never thought to be all that in it.
                "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

Comment

I know this is a little late, but I LOVE this recipe.

Gluten-Free Broccoli Cheese Soup – made with REAL FOOD ingredients

Happy cooking!

Comment

I'd just go with double cream and some water in place of the milk ... reduce until the correct thickness is found.
                    Paul
                    http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                    http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

Here's a recipe I use often:

1 Tbsp butter
                      1 Cup HWC
                      1 8oz block of cream cheese
                      3 cups chicken broth
                      bag frozen or fresh chopped brocolli
                      2 cups sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
                      pepper to season

In a pan, place your chicken broth and brocolli in a pan and let cook until soft. In a separate pan, melt your butter, HWC and cream cheese until smooth. When all that is melted, add your cheddar cheese. Once brocolli is cooked, take a stick blender and break the brocolli into smaller pieces, add to cheese mixture and add a little pepper to season. Enjoy!
                      Georgette

Comment

Working...
                      X