Favorite Cookbook?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Cookbook?

I am looking for the most bang for my cookbook dollar I've "The Practical Paleo" on the way. I've held off on Mark's cookbook since I am still working my way through the free cookbooks he makes available. Eventually I will get it. Are there any others that would be useful? I don't have a large budget so recommendations are really helpful.

Everyday Paleo

Comment

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
      I am looking for the most bang for my cookbook dollar I've "The Practical Paleo" on the way. I've held off on Mark's cookbook since I am still working my way through the free cookbooks he makes available. Eventually I will get it. Are there any others that would be useful? I don't have a large budget so recommendations are really helpful.
      I hit the web. Bought myself a 3 ring binder and started printing.

PaleoOMG
      NomNom Paleo
      Paleo Diet Recipes
      Paleo Plan
      FastPaleo is a sharing site (pictures aren't that appealing)

Have fun!
      sigpic
      Age 48
      Start date: 7-5-12
      5'3"
      121lbs
      GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
      Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

The cheapest way? Check your local library. If they don't have the book you want, ask about doing an interlibrary loan to get it.

That being said...I love Everyday Paleo. I'm currently reading Practical Paleo.

I have a...mild...obsession with cookbooks. Even so, most of the new recipes I try are from blogs, not cookbooks.
        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Originally posted by PHaselow View Post

PaleoOMG
          NomNom Paleo
          Paleo Diet Recipes
          Paleo Plan

Have fun!
          this is what i did too, only i just keep them as electronic files. you can build your own recipe book with photos, text, links, etc. and keep it all super organized if you have a google account.
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
            this is what i did too, only i just keep them as electronic files. you can build your own recipe book with photos, text, links, etc. and keep it all super organized if you have a google account.
            Excellent idea, thanks! I had checked out a copy of Practical Paleo from the library and really liked what I saw so went ahead and ordered it from Amazon.

Comment

Another place web site is Punchfork and just select paleo from the list.
              You are what you eat, so only eat the best!

Comment

Originally posted by PHaselow View Post

PaleoOMG
                NomNom Paleo
                Paleo Diet Recipes
                Paleo Plan

Have fun!

Ditto!!

Also, Food Lovers Kitchen is a good site.
                Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
                  I have all of the sites bookmarked, and print out my favorites. I'm partial to having it all sitting in front of me on paper.

I share the cookbook obsession with others! Many cookbooks have Paleo-ready recipes. My latest is "Goat- Meat Milk Cheese" by Bruce Weinstein/Mark Scarbrough. seriously. Goat is good.
                  sigpic
                  Age 48
                  Start date: 7-5-12
                  5'3"
                  121lbs
                  GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
                  Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Paleo Comfort Foods! That's my absolute favorite paleo cookbook:

Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen: Julie Sullivan Mayfield,Charles Mayfield,Mark Adams,Robb Wolf: 9781936608935: Amazon.com: Books

I find it to be one of those few cookbooks where I actually want to make everything in it, as opposed to just a couple of recipes, so I definitely think it's worth the money.
                    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                    --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                    --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                    --Hyperlithic

Comment

Make it Paleo is my "go to" cookbook. I've loved everything in it!

Comment

My favourate is paleo cook book.Its on my signature. I also follow it
                        Paleo Cook Book

Comment

Ours is the 3 ring binder (we should really use the rings in that thing.) We mostly print from Food Network, epicurious, and all recipes, but every single recipe in there has been edited (some heavily, some just spattered with grease.) I also print form Civilized Caveman, Son of Grok when its up, and a couple others. I have Mark's cookbooks, but it's hard getting a nonPrimal in on some of those.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                          X