Eggless Garlic Mayo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggless Garlic Mayo

Yes, it sounds weird I know but I tried some of this stuff at a Farmer's Market and just had to duplicate it when I got home.

You basically take a boatload of garlic, you can peel it all yourself or be lazy like me and get the stuff in the jar.
    Then you blend the living daylights out of it.
    Then you start adding olive oil drizzled in very slowly through the lid hole the same way you would with regular mayo.
    It will emulsify and becomes white and the consistency of homemade mayo just with a really strong garlic flavor.
    Stop adding oil when the blender blades won't turn any more. It is the right thickness.

Then other things can be added for additional flavor like kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, basil, etc.
    This Farmer's market stall had a whole line of these flavors.

Can be used anywhere you would use mayo. Makes an awesome tuna salad. Salad dressings.

It would be particularly nice if you know anyone who has an egg intolerance issue.

Aioli

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzielou View Post
      Aioli
      Apparently aioli typically uses egg, but allioli, which is a Catalan version meaning 'garlic and oil' doesn't.

But whatevs, I want some! = D

Comment

I heart you forevah robin!!!
        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
          I heart you forevah robin!!!
          Oh good, I'm glad you like it.
          Egg intolerances are a lot more common than I realized. But that shouldn't stop you from having a good caesar dressing or tuna salad.

Comment

I wonder how it would taste on eggs?
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
              I wonder how it would taste on eggs?
              Actually it makes a great egg salad.

Comment

Yes - this looks really great especially as a person who can't eat eggs.

Do you think it would also work with roasted garlic?
                Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                  Yes - this looks really great especially as a person who can't eat eggs.

Do you think it would also work with roasted garlic?
                  I don't see why not, if fact that might be a nice taste addition.

Comment

marking a spot so i can try this
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

PB you rock !!!!!
                      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

I'm so glad I don't know everything. Seems like I discover something new on this forum every week. This mayo is something I definitely gotta try! Excited!
                        Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

Ok, so I feel like a tard. I tried to make this with a stick blender.

YEAH THAT DOESN'T WORK.

Gotta get me an itty bitty food processor.
                          A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Ok thanks! gotta try this.....

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
                              Ok, so I feel like a tard. I tried to make this with a stick blender.
                              YEAH THAT DOESN'T WORK.
                              Gotta get me an itty bitty food processor.
                              I did mine in the VitaMix. They are pretty pricey but a good long term investment. Like the last blender you will ever need to buy in your life.

Comment

Working...
                              X