No announcement yet.

Eggless Garlic Mayo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this would explain why I am so awesome at making Toum in my blender, but fail at Mayo every time, the garlic obviously helps in the emulsification process! If you can do eggs this is an awesome garlic sauce recipe (Toum) which goes well on pretty much every food ever.

1 Egg White
    3 - 4 Garlic Cloves
    Juice of Half a Lemon
    EVOO (light flavour works best)
    Pinch of Salt

Pop the egg white and lemon juice in the blender, whizz it up until the egg white starts to fluff up, then put the garlic in with a pinch of salt. Run the olive oil into the blender in a thin, steady stream until everything starts to emulsify. You should pour in a thin trickle but you can be a bit more heavy handed than if you were making plain mayo. So amazing with some nice lamb, or chicken... or by itself!

Comment

This sounds wonderful - will need to do this SOON!

Comment

What kind of oil do you all use when you're making aioli? I find that the unfiltered olive oil I use gives it too strong a flavor, and I've tried it with all sorts of other oils too, and haven't found one that I'm totally in love with. Almond oil came the closest to being ok. I am hesitant to buy the cheapo crap olive oils that have no flavor because I'm not really sure what kind of processing and chemicals are involved in that. Thoughts?

Comment

Avocado oil is one of my favorites.

Comment

Oh avocado oil I don't know why I never thought of that I've just automatically gone for the Extra Light Flavour Olive Oil - mine is farm fresh though from the markets so I know the processing is ok

Comment

Just can't wait to try this! My blender arrives tomorrow....! (Being in the UK a Vitamix is hard to track down, so I've opted for a Dualit. Hope it is OK).

Comment

Working...
              X