No announcement yet.

Sweet potato fries... and pork chops?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use coconut oil, not olive oil--don't like to get olive oil that hot--and do them on the stove top. They're done quickly and really tasty! I'm going to start adding seasonings like the suggestions here.

Comment

I coat mine in coconut oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, a little paprika...in the oven at 350 for 15 min one side, flip, 15 min other side, the sweet of the potato goes really well with the spice combo, YUM-O

Comment

Originally posted by Kylex286 View Post
        Okay, so I am trying to cook my family a primal meal tonight and I decided to make pork chops "http://www.marksdailyapple.com/grokfeast-in-joliet-illinois/#axzz24JnBJUIx" and sweet potato fries. My first question is can I substitute coconut oil for the olive oil, or is olive oil absolutely necessary?

Secondly, I have never made home made fries before so I am not quite sure how to go about doing it. Does any one have a explanation on how I would go about making homemade sweet potato fries?
        I am lazy, so . in the frozen section of publix , is a brand of frozen sweet potato fry=Alexia chipotle fries, they are awesome! nothing in them but a little sodium. when i do not feel like doing a sweet potato, these go in the baking sheet til brown. they have them plain and in a waffle shape, I prefer the chipotle fries, so good . they do not seem processed at all.

Comment

Hello! so I finally made my second batch of fries.010.jpg

Sadly though, they didn't come out very well. I sprinkled them with cinnamon, but idk, I didn't really like the taste this time. Oh well though, they best thing about the quest of perfecting a recipe would be the journey that it take to get there!

Comment

Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
            I am lazy, so . in the frozen section of publix , is a brand of frozen sweet potato fry=Alexia chipotle fries, they are awesome! nothing in them but a little sodium. when i do not feel like doing a sweet potato, these go in the baking sheet til brown. they have them plain and in a waffle shape, I prefer the chipotle fries, so good . they do not seem processed at all.
            I've never been a big fan of frozen foods.Even if I'm feeling particularly lazy I don't trust them...

Comment

Working...
            X