No announcement yet.

2 minute coconut bread review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All great pics.. Thx for posting, Jayden, trying this tomorrow.
    "sandwich" looks so good, curlygirl

Comment

... any hints for how long in a conventional oven? I don't have a microwave oven.
      Paul
      http://www.pjgh.co.uk
      http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

Originally posted by pjgh View Post
        ... any hints for how long in a conventional oven? I don't have a microwave oven.
        I believe that 15 minutes on 325 was put out there as a question in an earlier post by Primal 123 but nobody replied & (dis)affirmed that. I'd suggest 275 rather than anything over 300, but I prefer to bake at lower temps to preserve nutrients & minimize possible rancidity of sensitive fats & proteins...

I've made the Fat Bread and it's good, quite tasty & very filling, but its complicated, time consuming & heavy on (expensive) ingredients. Gonna make this simpler 2 minute bread in the oven for lunch as I'm making a tri-tip brisket & I can just put this bread in towards the end of its time in the oven.
        Last edited by Betorq; 09-01-2012, 05:00 AM.
        "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
        "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
        "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

That gives me a starting point - thank you.

I've made the fat bread (Niko's from Free the Animal?). Good stuff, much enjoyed, but something I'll do sparingly because it didn't half fill me up and prevented me from eating some good veggies with my dinner. I snacked ... I don't snack. That was the problem there. Yeah, fat bread needed something like 40 minutes at 375/400F.

I quite regularly make manioc flour breads - those Brazilian cheese puffs and flatbread as wraps for Chilli.

Coconut flour is something I have in, can get cheaply, but don't really know what to do with it ... I don't really eat sweeter things, or things that are inspired by sweeter things. Some coconut bread with cheese and chutney sounds good to me.

Time to experiment ...
          Paul
          http://www.pjgh.co.uk
          http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

Hey, besides my earlier picture post with the sandwich - just tried it "as a muffin" with cinnamon and raisin. EXACT same recipe but a bit more flour ..... It was incredibly wonderful!!! Will try to remember to take a pic if I make it again. A must try if you like cinnamon bread!!!!!
            FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Comment

Tweaks on my blog, but basically this exact recipe - just make sure your batter is like thick pancake batter. Add cinnamon and raisins and cook in a smaller tin... So one pic is bread, one pic is muffin/biscuit and both are excellent! I used egg whites when cooking the muffin. I think it will rise more with just an egg, but I used what was on hand.

Comment

This bread was so good, I damn near died. I couldn't control myself, I ate the whole thing. It was so unbelievably filling and so so so delicious. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jfaw1124 View Post
                  This bread was so good, I damn near died. I couldn't control myself, I ate the whole thing. It was so unbelievably filling and so so so delicious. Thank you!
                  This. Bump.

Comment

Originally posted by curlygirl View Post
                    This. Bump.
                    Ditto.
                    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Working...
                    X