Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may never eat a plain hard-boiled egg ever again...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
    It's more of a pureed meat paste. Not nearly as much texture as mince.
    Oh ok, thanks
    Primal since May 2012. Loving life and down 50lbs.

Comment

I made Scotch eggs for the first time tonight and it didn't work quite right. They were delicious (how could they not be?) but for most of them the egg came out of the sausage "case" during the pan frying step. Any suggestions for next time? Use more sausage? Use more oil? I think it would work better without the frying step and just stick them in the oven like someone else suggested. Mixing in some tiny bacon pieces is also a fantastic idea.
      “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

I made these too. They were great, but I found the process a little tedious. I'm pretty sure it would tast the same if I just fried up the sausage and had some hard boiled eggs. Maybe slices of egg on sausage patties? I'm getting hungry!

BTW, here's a cool hard boiled egg trick: Make a medium sized hole on the fatter/bottom of the egg shell and a small hole on the top. Hold the egg firmly and blow through the small hole. It will whistle for a bit and then WHAM! The egg will fly out of its shell.

Comment

Originally posted by ATTAACK View Post

BTW, here's a cool hard boiled egg trick: Make a medium sized hole on the fatter/bottom of the egg shell and a small hole on the top. Hold the egg firmly and blow through the small hole. It will whistle for a bit and then WHAM! The egg will fly out of its shell.
          damnit, you know I'm gonna try that, right.

Comment

Here's a video of some guy doing it.

Ninja hard boiled egg peeling trick - YouTube

Comment

Come on, stop it. I don't have any eggs boiled right now, and it's late, and I'd like to go to bed. yer killin me here. Must. Try. It.

Comment

I need to try these. They look good and I love good sausage.

On a side note, Jimmy Dean sausage is pretty horrific. Read the ingredients label. I've looked through every brand on the shelf at my grocery store and they all contained all kinds of nasty stuff to preserve colors while they're shipped cross-country. The only acceptable sausage was the store-made sausage IMO. It contained nothing but pork, water, salt and spices - Shop Rite brand. And it's excellent. YMMV.
                Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ATTAACK View Post
                  I found the process a little tedious. I'm pretty sure it would tast the same if I just fried up the sausage and had some hard boiled eggs.
                  That was pretty much my assessment too after making them.
                  “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                  X