Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cHicKeN baLLs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cHicKeN baLLs!

    No chickens don't have those... LOL. These are a hush puppy like creation with chicken pate with spices as the center. YUM. Almond flour optional. Easy. Step by step w/photos HERE

    You can totally mix the spices up in these for whatever flavor or country you have a taste for.

    Last edited by curlygirl; 08-11-2012, 03:21 PM. Reason: clarification
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

  • #2
    Ya'll have been kind of quiet. I miss hearing your ideas and variations on recipes. If you try this and use different ingredients or have a similar recipe yourself, I'd love to hear about it. Bon Appetite!
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

    Comment


    • #3
      i think i'd like these with coconut flour on the outside and a bit of hot stuff mixed in with the meat.

      nice idea!
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

      Ernest Hemingway

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice! If you mix it up, let me know how it turns out. You could def. mix up the seasoning and kick up the spice with some cayenne or chipotle and some diced jalapeno's.
        FaceBook: PaleoMusings

        We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

        Comment


        • #5
          I make an Habanero paste that would kickit up rather well. Great idea CG. Just try to keep it PG next time;-)
          Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
            I make an Habanero paste that would kickit up rather well. Great idea CG. Just try to keep it PG next time;-)
            LOL. I thought it was PG! Habanero paste - that sounds like a great idea. Would you just grind up part of a habanero in the pate or...? Those things have a lot of flavor and spice to them. A little can go a long way!
            FaceBook: PaleoMusings

            We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

            Comment


            • #7
              Sorry I haven't been more active. I gag on nearly everything I put in my mouth these days. It's really not fair with how much I love food!
              --Trish (Bork)
              TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
              http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
              FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Ah, but it will be worth it Trish Particularly the first 6 weeks, when breastfeeding you could literally devour the whole beast

                Translation on 'hush puppy' please. I'm thinking a pattie type thing? Hush puppies are a brand of shoe in Australia

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bron View Post
                  Ah, but it will be worth it Trish Particularly the first 6 weeks, when breastfeeding you could literally devour the whole beast

                  Translation on 'hush puppy' please. I'm thinking a pattie type thing? Hush puppies are a brand of shoe in Australia
                  Hushpuppy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                  A hushpuppy (or cornbread ball) is a savory, starch-based food made from cornmeal batter that is deep fried or baked in small ball or sphere shapes, or occasionally oblong shapes. Hushpuppies are frequently served as a side dish, usually at fish restaurants.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                  B*tch-lite

                  Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
                    Sorry I haven't been more active. I gag on nearly everything I put in my mouth these days. It's really not fair with how much I love food!
                    Sorry to hear that Trish! The good news I suppose is that there IS an end in sight!
                    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

                    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      hush puppies are shoes here in new england too, lol.

                      think of it as a croquette.

                      Making Spanish Croquettes - NYTimes.com
                      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

                      Ernest Hemingway

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by curlygirl View Post
                        LOL. I thought it was PG! Habanero paste - that sounds like a great idea. Would you just grind up part of a habanero in the pate or...? Those things have a lot of flavor and spice to them. A little can go a long way!
                        I make it in the blender. 1-3 peppers(depending on your hotness levels), 4-6 garlic cloves, cinnamon, tsp honey, avacado oil. Blend all ingredients till smooth(except oil), then add oil last, and blend till desired consistancy...Enjoy:-)
                        Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
                          Sorry I haven't been more active. I gag on nearly everything I put in my mouth these days. It's really not fair with how much I love food!
                          Hang in there Doc, you'll be outta the woods sonner than you know it. Then it's back to all that culinary deliciousness you do:-)
                          Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
                            I make it in the blender. 1-3 peppers(depending on your hotness levels), 4-6 garlic cloves, cinnamon, tsp honey, avacado oil. Blend all ingredients till smooth(except oil), then add oil last, and blend till desired consistancy...Enjoy:-)
                            AWESOME!! Thx!
                            FaceBook: PaleoMusings

                            We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
                              Hang in there Doc, you'll be outta the woods sonner than you know it. Then it's back to all that culinary deliciousness you do:-)
                              Let us hope.
                              Maybe I should focus on creating recipes with the foods that I don't gag on atm. Ground beef is one of them. The kid is always after carbs and cheeseburgers. IT HAS TO BE A BOY! Typical man behavior, right?
                              --Trish (Bork)
                              TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
                              http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
                              FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X