Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut free muffins

Any good muffin recipes that don't involve almond or coconut flour

I made 'muffins' earlier this week - I beat 2 eggs, grated and mixed in 3 summer squash and 2 carrots, added about 1/3 cup flax seed meal, then salt, vanilla, cloves, and cinnamon to taste. Put them in cupcake papers and baked them at 350 for 50 minutes.

These are more like 'puddings' I suppose, and tasted and felt a lot like pumpkin pie. I loved them! They're pretty squishy and don't really have a crumb, but they do hold together really well. I hope you try them and enjoy them, because I really did!
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

That sounds pretty good, I'm going to try that one.

Comment

Originally posted by alg2435 View Post
        I made 'muffins' earlier this week - I beat 2 eggs, grated and mixed in 3 summer squash and 2 carrots, added about 1/3 cup flax seed meal, then salt, vanilla, cloves, and cinnamon to taste. Put them in cupcake papers and baked them at 350 for 50 minutes.

These are more like 'puddings' I suppose, and tasted and felt a lot like pumpkin pie. I loved them! They're pretty squishy and don't really have a crumb, but they do hold together really well. I hope you try them and enjoy them, because I really did!
        Hmm I'm not a fan of flax. Anything that could possibly serve as a substitution?

Comment

Originally posted by alg2435 View Post

I tried making these and they didn't come out at all. Am I supposed to use a food processor?

Comment

Originally posted by patricewmccullough
            Bran Apple Muffins

1-1/2 cups flour
            1 Tbsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
            1 tsp. ground cinnamon
            1/2 tsp. salt
            2-1/2 cups POST Bran Flakes
            1 cup milk
            3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) vegetable oil spread
            1/2 cup sugar
            1 egg, lightly beaten
            1 cup chopped apple

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended; set aside. Mix cereal and milk in medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
            BEAT vegetable oil spread and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add cereal mixture and egg; mix well. Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in apple. Spoon evenly into 18 greased or paper-lined medium muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
            BAKE 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
            Wait, WHAT?!
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
              Wait, WHAT?!
              To clarify, not you're recipe. The original recipe on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by patricewmccullough
                Bran Apple Muffins

1-1/2 cups flour
                1 Tbsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
                1 tsp. ground cinnamon
                1/2 tsp. salt
                2-1/2 cups POST Bran Flakes
                1 cup milk
                3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) vegetable oil spread
                1/2 cup sugar
                1 egg, lightly beaten
                1 cup chopped apple

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended; set aside. Mix cereal and milk in medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
                BEAT vegetable oil spread and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add cereal mixture and egg; mix well. Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in apple. Spoon evenly into 18 greased or paper-lined medium muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
                BAKE 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
                This doesn't sound too Primal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by garod82 View Post
                  Nevermind I just got why you said Wait, what. It was that non primal recipe listed above.

Comment

Originally posted by garod82 View Post
                    Nah man...
                    I was just trying to figure out WTF that flour/bran/veg.oil spread abomination of a recipe was doing on this forum.

*edit... Yeah, kind of the exact opposite of primal. LOL
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Crisco bot. Mmmmmmm CRISCO.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                        Nah man...
                        I was just trying to figure out WTF that flour/bran/veg.oil spread abomination of a recipe was doing on this forum.

*edit... Yeah, kind of the exact opposite of primal. LOL

Lol! I know right.

Comment

Hmmm, sorry it didn't work out! I did use a food processor to grate the vegetables - that probably made a difference.

In place of flax, you could probably use macaroon coconut if you are fine with that!
                          Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post598082

Just put it in muffin tins.
                            Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

This looks good, too.

Flourless Chocolate Cake | bell' alimento
                              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Working...
                              X