Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and easiest salmon burger ever... held together by avocado!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and easiest salmon burger ever... held together by avocado!

A FoodFash Best | FoodFash

6 oz. salmon fillet, thawed
    1/2 small avocado
    juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/4 fresh parsley
    2 green onions, chopped
    salt to taste
    nonfat plain Greek yogurt for garnish (I used sour cream)

In a food processor, puree avocado, lemon juice, and half of the salmon fillet. *Add the onions, parsley, salt, and remaining salmon and pulse a few times until all of the ingredients are mixed, but the salmon is still chunky.

Heat frying pan over medium heat. *Spray with olive oil (or a high heat oil may work better). *Remove all of the salmon mix and form into a patty with your hands. *Cook patty for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, flipping gently so the salmon cake stays in tact. *If a small piece breaks off, gently form back together with the spatula. *Dollop with Greek yogurt and serve.

I’m going to try my hardest to use a word other than wow*to explain what was going through my mind as I ate every last bite. *The tartness of the lemon, the slight texture of the chunk salmon, the crunch of the green onion, the coolness of the Greek yogurt… *It all came together more perfectly than I ever could have imagined. *And the avocado? *The avocado just did it’s little glue-like thing in the background.

Copied from site and WOW is right!!! I am amazed at how good this was!!!

Sounds awesome! I wonder if I could turn this into a salad using canned wild salmon? Actually, that'd be pretty fucking rad.

Thanks for posting!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

*copy*
      *paste*

Sounds wonderful. I love salmon... and maybe I could get hubby to try it. (He doesn't like fish much, but I remain hopeful!)

Thanks for the recipe!

Comment

Nice! Plan on trying this. Thanks!
        FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Comment

My salmon is already thawed in tHe fridge for tonight.
          Julia
          Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
          Started Primal Mid January 2011
          Current Weight 183
          Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
          http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

I made this tonight. It was a bit too smooth. Next time I will use some more onion and maybe stir in some capers. Otherwise, very good!
            Thread-killer extraordinaire
            My journal
            Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
            207/186/160

Comment

Wow, I'm so trying this! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jes1014 View Post
                I made this tonight. It was a bit too smooth. Next time I will use some more onion and maybe stir in some capers. Otherwise, very good!
                Sounds good! I like it just how it is, although some dill might be good. Maybe try not to process it as much next time... maybe leaving some more chunkiness to it would help. Isn't it great how the avocado works in it, though? I kind of burnt myself out on them... had them for 5 days in a row they were so good.

Comment

Sounds nice. What are "green onions"? Are they spring onions or shallots? I don't think we have them here.

Comment

Green onions are the same as scallions. I'm not sure what spring onions are.

I'm going to try this with tilapia and see how it works (just because I'm out of salmon).
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Thanks for posting. I found a can of salmon in the pantry and will make these this week. I am going to sub dill for the parsley and mash it with a fork instead of using the food processor.

Comment

Mine didn't come out with much shape, but it was delish. And so filling - I'm totally stuffed. It might have to do with the fact that I ate the other half of the avocado on the side.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Finally had this tonight on a bed of spinach. So good!

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            Mine didn't come out with much shape, but it was delish. And so filling - I'm totally stuffed. It might have to do with the fact that I ate the other half of the avocado on the side.
                            So very filling, huh?!

Originally posted by GuineaPigQueen View Post
                            Finally had this tonight on a bed of spinach. So good!
                            Glad you liked it! I was so happy to come across this recipe and happy some here are enjoying it, too. Good idea to put it on a bed of spinach.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              Green onions are the same as scallions. I'm not sure what spring onions are.

I'm going to try this with tilapia and see how it works (just because I'm out of salmon).
                              Let us know how it works with the tilapia!

Comment

Working...
                              X