Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need something to satisfy my sweet tooth (help me with "cups")

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get a popsicle mold set and make your own frozen treats. If you add fat to the blender (either coconut milk, an avocado or both), plus fruit (any berries, mashed banana, mango, melon etc) and a tsp of honey if desired, your popsicles will have a really nice frozen creamy consistancy. Cocoa or spices can also be added. Then pour into popsicle molds and freeze. Like this: Primal Popsicles The Cavewoman Cafe

Comment

Our simplest dessert is frozen fruit in a processor whipped into sorbet cosistancy with a little stevia to sweeten more.

Comment

Thanks for the mention of my primal Popsicles Marthat. I just made a batch the other day. So yummy. My new favorite is strawberry lime. Toss a bunch of strawberries in the blender with lime juice and zest, a can of coconut milk and a few drops of stevia or a wee bit of honey and freeze in your popsicle molds. On the fourth of July I made coconut ice cream by heating up in a sauce pan, two cans of coconut milk, 2 cups of toasted unsweetened dried coconut and a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of honey (that's 85 to 170 grams) a tablespoon of pure vanilla extract (that I make) and either pour in freezer molds or freeze in the ice cream maker. It was a huge hit at the party with fruit.
        http://cavewomancafe.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

Smart Ways to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
          t's easy to satisfy your sweet tooth. Unhealthy snacks, fat laden candy, chips and other high cholesterol and low nutritional valued food can be found around every corner. It's no wonder there's a rather high percentage rate of Americans who are obese. Heart disease, cancers and other human diseases are taking a toll on the population.
          human diseases are taking a toll on the population..
          More at : Tooth Numbering: Smart Ways to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth

Comment

To OP: I have a measuring cup with both "cup" and metric marks. I don't think you should have problems finding one in Germany ?

Anyway, if you want interesting recipes, you can try those by Maria Emmerich. I tried her chocolate golden flaxseed muffin recipe, and used xylitol as the sweetener. My kids really enjoyed them but I am not a big fan of flex seeds ... it was for the fun of trying something "weird". Being in Germany, you may have access to Sukrin and relatives, a stevia / erythritol based sweetener. It is really good for baking or sweetening yogurt. You can of course use honey as well, nothing wrong with that, but I don't know whether you keep some sugar addiction with it. What I know is that xylitol and sukrin do not, I rarely bake something sweet (last time was .... months ago!).

Comment

Need something to satisfy my sweet tooth (help me with "cups&quot

I wouldn't bother with primal/paleo baked goods filled with coconut/ nut flours. They just hinder your progress like all other desserts.

-frozen bananas in food processor... Or frozen mangoes..., make amazing ice cream/sorbet.

-jello made with gelatin & either milk or juice, custards made with gelatin-egg-fruit, and fruit smoothie Popsicles (I love berries & cream pops).

-banana "mug cake"- a bit of melted dark chocolate, 1 banana, 2 eggs, baking powder, and some maple syrup or honey if you have a sweet tooth... Microwave in a mug.

-chocolate pudding made with gelatin, coconut milk, melted chocolate... Heavenly.
              ------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

+1 to the above post

Except I am making even lazier mugcake, just mushed banana and egg whites with cinnamon and a touch of salt, and micro for a min, mix up, micro for another min. With a ripe banana it is completely unnecessary to have ANY sweetener.

Pancakes: about 11/2 to 2 cups of baked orange sweet potato/yum (2 hrs at 325 degrees F in foil), 5 eggs, 1/4 cup tapioca starch or rice flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger (whatever you like) & salt. Mush together eggs w sweet potato and spices with a hand-held blender; mix the flour/starch with a whisk into it and pour about 1/4 cup portions on buttered girdle on a relatively low temp (I set my electric at 325-350 F). Let it cook on one side till you can flip them easily. If it is a bit soggy and spluttered when you flipped it, no biggie, flip it right back once the other side is cooked.
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Re cups you can buy the measuring cups in the UK in lots of places.
                  When I first started I would have whipped cream and drizzle hot raspberries over it. Or add vanilla essence to the cream. Or I'd drink herbal teas to distract myself. Dark choc is good. The cravings were bad at first. But they are very small now and only really get then when I've got my period so I will allow a ice cream or a coke as a treat.

Comment

For sweet stuff:

I'm a fan of fruit (particularly berries and pomegranates), dark chocolate, licorice tea (naturally sweet). You can cook fruit, too. Fried apples are good (or baked), I make my own cranberry sauce (just cranberries, chopped apple, water and honey), and you can cook fruit down into sauces.

Frozen grapes are good.

I really don't miss baked goods much.
                    High Weight: 225
                    Weight at start of Primal: 189
                    Current Weight: 174
                    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

It's all relative, I eat a carrot. When you never eat any sugar a carrot actually tastes really sweet...

Comment

Paleo baked goods never seem to work for me.
                        When I need something sweet, I eat 2 or 3 dried dates.
                        Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
                        34yrs old, 5'5"
                        CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
                        GW: 135lbs or less
                        Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

What about sparkling water (chilled) with the juice of half a lemon/lime or other citrus?
                          I'm lucky as I don't have a massively sweet tooth but there is one time of the month I do succumb to extra dark choc...

Comment

Working...
                          X