X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayo-free Coleslaw that tastes like it has mayo in it

Recipe

Dairy-free, egg-free, grain-free

Note: There's not one hint of coconut flavor in it!
    Last edited by j3nn; 06-28-2012, 12:24 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Interesting... I make homemade mayo... but also tend to prefer some greek yoghurt in the dressing (and I dress lightly) for more tang.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
      Interesting... I make homemade mayo... but also tend to prefer some greek yoghurt in the dressing (and I dress lightly) for more tang.
      I love mayo. And I love coleslaw. But I was thinking: it's sort of a waste because it always turns to liquid anyway! So I tried the coconut milk experiment and sure enough, it was just like coleslaw after the dressing settles. My new favorite recipe.

Oh, and if you like tangy coleslaw, do 50/50 cabbage and radicchio. So good.
      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

another idea that we do ALL the time, use cashews! I throw some cashews (which are naturally a tad sweet), a touch of vinegar, some lemon juice, salt & pepper, (and sometimes some hot sauce if I'm in the mood for spicy), and a little bit of water all into my vitamix and blend until creamy. Makes the perfect cole slaw dressing, yummers!

Comment

Our favorite slaw dressing is sesame oil, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Hubby also adds soy sauce to it.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
          X