Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Minute Breakfast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3 Minute Breakfast

    This is one of my very favorite quick and easy breakfasts!


    Last edited by curlygirl; 06-25-2012, 04:44 AM. Reason: add photo
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

  • #2
    Why an egg white rather than just using the whole egg?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by marthat View Post
      Why an egg white rather than just using the whole egg?
      For me it is the whole cholesterol debate. Last blood work, everything looked good by my cholesterol #'s. ate a LOT of eggs. So, I'm using just egg whites some of the time now in addition to a few other changes to see if next bloodwork will be better. You can certainly use the whole egg
      FaceBook: PaleoMusings

      We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by curlygirl View Post
        For me it is the whole cholesterol debate. Last blood work, everything looked good by my cholesterol #'s. ate a LOT of eggs. So, I'm using just egg whites some of the time now in addition to a few other changes to see if next bloodwork will be better. You can certainly use the whole egg
        Please keep us posted on how it affects your levels. My cholesterol has been going up for some time and I eat eggs a good bit too. I'm getting my thyroid checked to rule that out. The recipe looks good, but I would think you'd want some fat or carbs to go with it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
          Please keep us posted on how it affects your levels. My cholesterol has been going up for some time and I eat eggs a good bit too. I'm getting my thyroid checked to rule that out. The recipe looks good, but I would think you'd want some fat or carbs to go with it.
          Def. don't want carbs. I use the tuna packed in olive oil, so it does have some fat. If you use the one packed in water, I highly recommend adding a few olives. YUM

          On cholesterol: Will try to remember. lol Next test is Sept. Crossing fingers! Best of luck with yours too
          FaceBook: PaleoMusings

          We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

          Comment


          • #6
            *like*

            gonna have to try as soon as tuna is appealing to me again!
            --Trish (Bork)
            TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
            http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
            FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Dietary cholesterol has very little impact on blood serum cholesterol. You'd want to look at things that are affecting your liver (thus your cholesterol production). Granted, that could still be eggs, but it's probably not the cholesterol in eggs. Consumed cholesterol generally goes straight through you.

              That being said, that looks like a great way to get some extra protein in with eggs in the form of fish. I don't have fish often, but am thinking of adding some good quality canned fish a few times a week to keep things well-rounded.
              Depression Lies

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                Dietary cholesterol has very little impact on blood serum cholesterol. You'd want to look at things that are affecting your liver (thus your cholesterol production).
                This. If you've got less than perfect genetics and a crappy thyroid (like me, both counts) it doesn't matter how flawlessly you eat. All you can do is explain to your doctor you're doing the best you can and eating lots of veggies, fruits, healthy fats, and meat.
                --Trish (Bork)
                TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
                http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
                FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
                  This. If you've got less than perfect genetics and a crappy thyroid (like me, both counts) it doesn't matter how flawlessly you eat. All you can do is explain to your doctor you're doing the best you can and eating lots of veggies, fruits, healthy fats, and meat.
                  Sigh. Liver less than perfect and thyroid was all over the place - at least before I went paleo. Seems to have evened out this past year....less then perfect genetics. Check, check. Check. :/

                  Still going to try. I eat really well and exercise really well. Can't really improve on them. Cut much of the cholesterol from eggs and added more insoluble fiber. Sounds like I might be screwed. If the numbers don't go down after all this, there is totally nothing else I can do. Well.....cross your fingers for me!
                  FaceBook: PaleoMusings

                  We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X