Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you miss bread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you miss bread

    This is the best and easiest paleo/primal bread I have tried!

    (Sorry about the measures being in metric...)

    100g almonds
    150g pumpkin seeds
    100g sesame seed
    100g linseeds
    75g sunflower seeds
    1 dl water
    ½-1 tsp salt
    5 eggs

    Turn the oven on on 160 degrees celcious.
    Chop the almonds into smaller pieces and put them in a bowl and mix with all the other seeds. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Pour the mixture into a baking tin and bake the bread for approx 60 minutes.

    The bread can be frozen and taste just as good after being in the freezer

  • #2
    Sounds yummy, and being in the UK I am delighted with the measurements, lmao- I have a set of cups, but find them baffling!

    How does this bread cut up? Do you have to wait until it's completely cold? Do the eggs make it "rise", or do you think adding a raising agent and leaving out the salt would be good?

    Comment


    • #3
      I think that bread needs more PUFAs.

      No, I don't. I'm being sarcastic.
      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

      Comment


      • #4
        Not that much better than bread, your recipe is mostly from seeds, so there's still the omega 6:3 problem.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Grumpycakes View Post
          I think that bread needs more PUFAs.

          No, I don't. I'm being sarcastic.
          seriously, this stuff is junk!

          pull off the band-aid. if you miss bread, sigh, and keep moving along.

          Comment


          • #6
            We havn't found good alternatives to conventionally baked foods. We just don't eat them anymore.
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

            Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Suzy View Post
              Sounds yummy, and being in the UK I am delighted with the measurements, lmao- I have a set of cups, but find them baffling!

              How does this bread cut up? Do you have to wait until it's completely cold? Do the eggs make it "rise", or do you think adding a raising agent and leaving out the salt would be good?
              You can cut it while its hot or cold, just make sure to take it out of the baking tin once you take it out of the oven.
              I think it is fine as it is so wouldn't add any baking soda etc

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GeneralOJB View Post
                Not that much better than bread, your recipe is mostly from seeds, so there's still the omega 6:3 problem.
                Off course you shouldn't eat the entire bread at once but having a slice a day won't kill you, I am well aware of the 6:3 ratio

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jakey View Post
                  seriously, this stuff is junk!

                  pull off the band-aid. if you miss bread, sigh, and keep moving along.
                  We have breakfast once a week at work and for me, having 2 slices of this bread, makes me feel like i am not missing out.

                  I have made one of these breads 6 weeks ago and still have some in my freezer so it's not like i eat it all the time.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    what up with the smarmy comments on this forum? what a downer. some of us want a bread recipe, some don't.

                    "I think that bread needs more PUFAs.

                    No, I don't. I'm being sarcastic. "

                    "seriously, this stuff is junk!"

                    great job encouraging your brothers and sisters on their primal journey.
                    no, wait, i'm being sarcastic.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PrimalCPH View Post
                      Off course you shouldn't eat the entire bread at once but having a slice a day won't kill you, I am well aware of the 6:3 ratio
                      I still prefer real (homemade) bread. One slice per day of it does not hurt either.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cookie View Post
                        what up with the smarmy comments on this forum? what a downer. some of us want a bread recipe, some don't.

                        "I think that bread needs more PUFAs.

                        No, I don't. I'm being sarcastic. "

                        "seriously, this stuff is junk!"

                        great job encouraging your brothers and sisters on their primal journey.
                        no, wait, i'm being sarcastic.
                        Ok, I'm with you with having problems with disparaging comments. But there's nothing primal about baking nuts into a rancid form of 'bread'. If you want bread, eat rye or sourdough!
                        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

                        Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Tapioca flour bread bitches.

                          No gluten, virtually no plant protein, no need to ferment (although I wonder...), no PUFAs, a fraction of the calories of any nut/flax/coconut-based bread.

                          Suck it.
                          “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            LOL - agreed!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by patski View Post
                              Ok, I'm with you with having problems with disparaging comments. But there's nothing primal about baking nuts into a rancid form of 'bread'. If you want bread, eat rye or sourdough!
                              How can this "bread" be less primal than all the 5000 cake recipies already on this forum? All the ingredients are primal so how can it be less primal just because I mix them together?
                              Sorry but don't get your way of thinking

                              And no I won't eat normal bread instead because I don't want the gluten and all the other crap in it

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X