Roasted Bone Marrow and Parsley Salad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roasted Bone Marrow and Parsley Salad

I was very surprised to see this on Haylie Duff's blog (Hilary Duff's sister). I thought I'd share it for the marrow enthusiasts out there. It suggests serving it with french bread, but you know, do without it.
    Roasted Bone Marrow and Parsley Salad | Real Girl's Kitchen

"Bones (you can find them at any grocery store or butcher)

Italian flat leaf parsley, approx 1 cup chopped

Capers, 1 tbsp

1 Lemon

1/2 cup of celery, sliced thin

2 tbsp of Olive Oil & a pinch of sea salt

Crusty french bread

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange bones on a baking tray, sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 20 minutes. In a mixing bowl…combine olive oil, parsley, lemon, capers, celery and a pinch of sea salt. Layer parsley salad and marrow on a toasted piece of french bread. Yum Yum!"

Funny. I feed bone marrow to my dog but never thought of eating it myself. Maybe we'll have to share the bones from the butcher. Thanks for the recipe share!

Comment

That recipe is very similar to the one in marks book - I like it with fresh lemon and chopped garlic.

Bone marrow is super nutritious, and it has become a bit "trendy" lately - the price of marrow bones has now tripled here in the San Francisco Bay area. It makes me so mad!!!
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
        That recipe is very similar to the one in marks book - I like it with fresh lemon and chopped garlic.

Bone marrow is super nutritious, and it has become a bit "trendy" lately - the price of marrow bones has now tripled here in the San Francisco Bay area. It makes me so mad!!!
        I got a bag of marrow bones, for my dog, from the butcher. Got about 6 big enough ones for about $20 bucks. Is that expensive. It seemed expensive to me, but he only eats about 1-2 tbsp per day (he's only 13 lbs), but now if I'm going to partake, just want to know if that's a reasonable price.

Comment

Are they grassfed?
          A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Maybe a tad on the expensive side.

Grass-fed bones cost me about $8-10 a bag, usually.
              A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Working...
              X