Paleo hot sauce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo hot sauce

Hey guys, I have recently restarted my Paleo lifestyle after falling of the wagon for a time. I am wondering if any one out there has any primal recipes for hot sauce? I need something with a kick to complement the chicken wings. Cheers!

Kick Ass Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe | Grill Grrrl Blog: Grill Girl, Healthy Grilling Recipes, Tailgating Recipes, Paleo Recipes

Comment

Frank's Red Hot is my favorite hot sauce. Combine it with butter and you have a most excellent wing sauce.

Comment

I've been making my own hot sauce ever since I went raw vegan. I think my recipe is probably paleo. I buy dried peppers at my spice store... I buy a big bag of chiles de arbol, and a small bag of chipotles. I soak them both in filtered water overnight. In the morning, I pull the soaked peppers apart to remove the seeds (I don't worry about getting all of them, just most). Then I throw them all in the vitamix. I also throw in a clove or two of garlic, a couple or three dates, some vinegar (maybe 1/4 cup?), salt, and water (maybe a cup or two, depending how many peppers), and blend it all up. Take a tiny taste just to make sure you like the basic flavor, but know that it will take a couple of days for the whole flavor to come together.

Line a bowl with a double layer of cheesecloth (or nut milk bags work great too), and pour the blended concoction into it. Put on a pair of disposable gloves, and then just start massaging and squeezing the mixture until all of the hot sauce drips out into the bowl (discard the leftover pulp). Pour it into a bottle or jar, and throw into your fridge. The flavors seem to develop after about 2 days in the fridge, and the stuff lasts forever.

My husband will not eat any other hot sauce now.

Comment

That sounds awesome. o_o
          Steph
          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Originally posted by onalark View Post
            That sounds awesome. o_o
            Some nice recipes! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
              Frank's Red Hot is my favorite hot sauce. Combine it with butter and you have a most excellent wing sauce.
              OMG equal parts Kerrygold, Frank's, and Sri Racha = party in my face, everyone's invited
              carl's cave

Comment

I mix Kerrygold with the Trader Joe's Jalapeno Pepper Hot Sauce. So good!

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
                  OMG equal parts Kerrygold, Frank's, and Sri Racha = party in my face, everyone's invited
                  What's up Carlh, what is Sri Racha? Never heard of it but it sounds interesting!!

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN 1 View Post
                    What's up Carlh, what is Sri Racha? Never heard of it but it sounds interesting!!
                    Sriracha, aka "chicken sauce", "fiery cock juice", "molten deliciousness" is a great condiment. You know how Frank's Red Hot is mild/moderately spicy and very salty? Sriracha is moderate/very spicy and way less salty, but with a good smoky robust flavor.

Teh funny: Dear Sriracha Rooster Sauce - The Oatmeal
                    carl's cave

Comment

doesn't sriracha have sugar listed as one of the ingredients? Isn't that a no-no on this diet? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still new to eating this way, so maybe i'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by palebluedots View Post
                        doesn't sriracha have sugar listed as one of the ingredients? Isn't that a no-no on this diet? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still new to eating this way, so maybe i'm confused.
                        I'd count it as part of my 20%. It's not a lot, but it's up to you. If you think it's worth it, eat it. If you don't, go with something without it.

Personally, I can't eat all that much sriracha; just a dab will do ya. The amount of sugar it may be delivering is minimal compared to, say, ketchup.
                        Steph
                        My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Hubby fixed chicken wings with butter and Frank's for dinner last night. They were AMAZING.
                          Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Working...
                          X