No announcement yet.

egg mcPrimal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an eggwich, but I thought I'd post what has become my staple breakfast because it just tastes so damn good.

4 egg omelet stuffed with 1 avocado and about 2 Tbsp coconut butter. Occasionally I'll fill it up with diced onion/pepper as well, but the avocado/egg/coconut butter combo is fantastic.

Comment

LOL Karin, no doubt. I remember in school, taking Latin class. We had a Roman banquet every year, and since the Romans ate with their hands, so did we! Fruit, eggs, chicken, pork chops, and bread to soak up the mess.

I love the idea of Oopsie Rolls. That might be fun to try. BLT's and pizza! Ohh... hotdog rolls to go with uncured hot dogs.

Comment

Here's a little bit different coconut pancake recipe that I've had good luck with:

http://primalfusion.blogspot.com/200...-pancakes.html

Comment

Musajen, I tried that recipe -- it worked in that the pancakes held together. I wasn't overly thrilled with them as a bread for my breakfast sandwich. I would rather just have it on a plate with a fork.

I'll keep experminting.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Here is a bread recipe I've made that might fit what some are looking for as a breakfast bread. The original recipe calls for 1/3 cup canola oil, I would substitute coconut oil.

Flax Bread

2 cups ground flaxseed meal

1 Tbsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

2 Tbsp honey

5 eggs

1/2 cup water

1/3 cup canola oil

Try nutmeg, basil, oregano or other spices for a change of pace.

Mix ingredients and let stand for a couple minutes to thicken. Spread into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. Cut into 12 servings.

Comment

on the flax bread - I made 2 variations: one with golden flax meal & olive oil (& some herbs) the other with a flax meal that had ground dried blueberries in it. That one I made with coconut oil, cardamom & cinnamon. Maybe if we try this recipe in muffin tins?? I made mine in layer cake pans, it was like a foccacia. I made open-faced sandwiches with egg & smoked salmon & greens.

Comment

Working...
              X