X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have exactly one duck egg

i would like for this to be a special occasion

you see, it's my first time

does anyone have any suggestions on how to yummily prepare it?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Omelette. It will turn out amazingly fluffy.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

we have one omlette, do we have other suggestions?

mda, will you let me down?
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Scrambled is also good fried duck eggs can be a bit rubbery, same with boiled, not sure why.
        Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

scrambled is good, i'm not really an omlette fan for some reason o.O they taste.. 'different' to me
          beautiful
          yeah you are

lol

Comment

Poach it, with the yolk nice and runny.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

They are supposed to make lovely custards and meringues - you could try a primalized (and very scaled down) version of this:

The Best Egg Custard Ever Recipe
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
                Scrambled is also good fried duck eggs can be a bit rubbery, same with boiled, not sure why.
                I actually love boiled duck eggs. I've also made deviled duck eggs with cream cheese, which is a once a year treat.

I think my favorite, though, is fried in a skillet in butter (at a low enough heat that it cooks, but doesn't turn brown and crunchy), so I can savor the flavor of the duck egg. I don't like it scrambled, because I like the individual flavors of the yoke and white. Knifegill likes the yoke runny; I like it cooked .

Comment

I get goose eggs sometimes. Like duck eggs but bigger. Huge yolk.

Comment

yeah this sucker is big

and my interest has been extra piqued at the option of desserts

hmMMmmMMmm... more recipe googling
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                      i would like for this to be a special occasion

you see, it's my first time

does anyone have any suggestions on how to yummily prepare it?
                      I wanna know how you got a SINGLE duck egg..... and what you did to the poor duck to get it! (sniffle, wiping a tear)

So, my suggestion is to beat hell outta the egg to all frothy and foamy and stuff. Set up a small crepe pan with butter over med low heat. Make a SINGLE crepe and wrap that sucker around your favorite stuff. I'm a spinach and tomato fan myself.
                      If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

Comment

it took MONTHS to get that duck in bed
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

BAH! Shows how potent YOU are.
                          If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

Comment

Have you tried quail eggs? You can easily fry ten of them in a pan, and and their size makes them very popular with the kiddoes as somehow them are more fun being so small, plus they can bite the end of and eat them raw. Interesting looking shells too, rather like a a Cadbury's Mini-Egg.

Comment

Originally posted by billp View Post
                              Have you tried quail eggs? You can easily fry ten of them in a pan, and and their size makes them very popular with the kiddoes as somehow them are more fun being so small, plus they can bite the end of and eat them raw. Interesting looking shells too, rather like a a Cadbury's Mini-Egg.
                              You know, I don't raise quail right now per say, but a darn lot of them live in my yard & neighborhood, and they dine at my feeders. Frequently there are 200+ birds running down the middle of the streets when I come home. They are cute & noisy too. Wish I could find some eggs locally, I would like to try these! They have laid several eggs in my yard recently and we always have to rescue quail babies a few times a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X