What do you do with pork back fat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with pork back fat?

I saw some pork back fat at the store and was wondering what you use it for.

score the top, rub in some salt, bake it on high/full wack for about 30 min then another hour or so (depending how large a peice it is) at about 180C....
    Gobble up all that delish Crackling (& if your feeling nice, share with hubby)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

put it on top of your brisket or roast to add fat and flavor and juiciness, especially if it is smoked. Cook beef and/or veggies in it. Or potato chips.

Comment

I'm assuming you make pork rinds with it??
        Danni

Comment

I use it for rendering lard and making pork rinds.

I'm gonna crumple up my rinds next time and use them in place of breading/breadcrumbs.

Comment

score the top, rub in some salt

Comment

Use the fat for tonkotsu soup!

Comment

Oh man -- southerners couldn't make good turnip greens without fat back!
                Google some recipes! Very primal!

Also, look for streak-o-lean
                Last edited by Chatty; 05-07-2012, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Chop it up and bake it. Pour off the rendered lard to cook with separately, or to add to to tea and coffee as a milk substitute. Once the flow tails off take out of the oven and enjoy delicious pork scratchings!

Comment

I'd eat it
                    well then

Comment

Just made some! Delicious! 2 bucks a pound! Best bargin ever!

Comment

If it is fresh, unsalted back fat, you can remove the skin, cube it, chill it, and grind it up with some pork and make a fresh sausage with it.... Breakfast sausage, polish sausage, chioriso etc etc etc

Comment

I cut mine up into tiny pieces, bake for about two hours on 150C drain, cool and dry.
                          Then into a tupperware container for primal snacks ! I have my two (nearly three) year old grandson staying with me at the moment, and I have had to hide the container. None left for Grang-gag !!!!!
                          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Oh yes, and I salt it GENEROUSLY !!!!!!!
                            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

We made some yesterday, it's its all gone already!

Comment

Working...
                              X