Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a bowl using meat (ie 'real' meat bowl)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a bowl using meat (ie 'real' meat bowl)

DH and I have been brainstorming this. Edible bowl we can stuff with "whatever"! Result #1 - a meat bowl: literally!

I made the bowl from ground beef. You can fill with salad or almost anything or make any size. Step by step with photos here.

My current thoughts is it can be used as a taco salad bowl replacement, as a holder for a "quiche" type of filling, it could be stuffed the same way as peppers....I know there are tons of possibilities...would love to hear YOUR ideas!
    Enjoy!

FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

I love it!

Two quick questions come to mind:

Is there some kind of primal friendly binder, as in primal friendly meatloaf that could mitigate the shrinkage?

Do you think this would work in a large muffin pan so individual sized mini meals could be made?

Starting weight: 270 - Goal weight: 170 - Current weight: 149

New goal: Learn primal and add 5 pounds of muscle in 2012.

"I hate rabbits, they always look like they are about to say something, but they never do." - Raj - TBBT

Comment

Just thinking about this I can hear Tim Allen making his caveman grunting sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson Hydra View Post
        I love it!

Two quick questions come to mind:

Is there some kind of primal friendly binder, as in primal friendly meatloaf that could mitigate the shrinkage?

Do you think this would work in a large muffin pan so individual sized mini meals could be made?

"I hate rabbits, they always look like they are about to say something, but they never do." - Raj - TBBT
        Great questions! Some people put coconut flour or almond meat in their meatloaf to bind. It would help the shrinkage.

Individual pans: yes! You could do that. The one pictured is actually an individual serving. DH and I were pondering getting some extra corningware bowls to allow us to make 4-5 individual servings at a time that he could take to work. I don't know if a muffin pan would work...I am wondering if the sides are so steep the meat might slide down the sides, but if it DID work, that is a BEAUTIFUL solution. I may have to give it a whirl. Do me favor? If you try it would you post or pm and let me know how the muffin pans worked for you?

Comment

Originally posted by RReznik View Post
          Just thinking about this I can hear Tim Allen making his caveman grunting sounds.
          ROFL. I miss that show. Yeah..."TOOL TIME MEAT BOWL" - what would he eat? Meat bowl, egg with diced ham, bacon, cheese and mushroom maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by curlygirl View Post
            Do me favor? If you try it would you post or pm and let me know how the muffin pans worked for you?
            Be happy to. Thought I might take a crack at it this weekend when I have the time. Might even experiment with a few different binders as I'll be making several at a time anyway.

"If at first you don't succeed - so much for sky diving" - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson Hydra View Post
              Be happy to. Thought I might take a crack at it this weekend when I have the time. Might even experiment with a few different binders as I'll be making several at a time anyway.

thanks!!!

Comment

Love this idea. Kind of similar to a meatzza
                My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                  Love this idea. Kind of similar to a meatzza
                  Yes! BUT with the meatza, the meat is just acts as a base "crust". We wanted "walls" to be able to fill this with goodies. Mmmm... Meatza. Our meatza night is every Friday. 2 more days........

Comment

This looks awesome! Can't wait to try making it
                    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

Hey curlygirl we have been making meatbowls for over a year!! I use them for my catering business alot..Sometimes we wrap a slice of bacon around it (mm Bacon) and we fill them with chili!! We originally started making them as chowder bowls.. It's a huge family favorite at our house.. We like to use a grassfed bison and and lamb combo!!

Comment

Muffin pans work great for mini bowls for appetizers!! We use the large size ramekins for our usual bowls!! And as for binder we have never needed any by the time we add the spices it stays together fvery nicely. I have never made them with grain fed meat those and that would probably need a binder.. Perhaps egg or cheese??

Comment

Originally posted by longing2bfit View Post
                          Hey curlygirl we have been making meatbowls for over a year!! I use them for my catering business alot..Sometimes we wrap a slice of bacon around it (mm Bacon) and we fill them with chili!! We originally started making them as chowder bowls.. It's a huge family favorite at our house.. We like to use a grassfed bison and and lamb combo!!
                          How cool!! We were just pondering bacon....filling them with chili or chowder - what a FABULOUS idea!! Would you come cater to our house?

Comment

Originally posted by longing2bfit View Post
                            BTW: updated my blog with your chili and chowder idea giving you a big "thanks!", link and shout out. Chili....oh man....yes..... Does the lamb shrink back very much when cooked? I think the last time we did lamb burgers they didn't shrink too much....?

Comment

Originally posted by curlygirl View Post
                              BTW: updated my blog with your chili and chowder idea giving you a big "thanks!", link and shout out. Chili....oh man....yes..... Does the lamb shrink back very much when cooked? I think the last time we did lamb burgers they didn't shrink too much....?
                              Aww~thanks and no it doesn't thats why we use lamb and/or bison as 'molds' (thats a technical term btw:-)) You can make round bowls or oblong for what we call gravy boats and load them full of veggies!! When we have company we make mini boats and load them with all sorts of goodies!! It's our version of appetizers.. You can use either just lamb or bison and it works well but the mix of half and half is a beautiful thing I just started a food blog so I am slowly getting stuff put up but I will put some pic's up some mini 'boats that use half a jalepeno as the inside and you mold the mix around the the sides!!Then fill with whatever!!Frickin amazing!! You can also use as boat buns for pastrami sands etc!! Seriusly we have molded almost everything! HAHAHa we are meat freaks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X