Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a breakfast without eggs.

Hi everybody.

My wife has been primal with me on and off the last couple of weeks, but we have a problem with finding a breakfast that fills her up in the morning.
    The problem with making a breakfast is that she is allergic to eggs.

So if anybody got some ideas for breakfast without eggs we would be happy to hear it.

Smoked salmon & cream cheese or avocado
    Steak & mushrooms
    Bacon & mushrooms
    Ham, mushrooms & cheese (cold collation).
    Avocado can be added to any of these too.
    Fruit if she is not very carb/sugars sensitive
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

I really like primal meatballs with a spinach salad. It's all make ahead and very easy.

Comment

Leftovers.
        Sandra
        *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Steak and steamed veg with butter. Any meat would work though.

Comment

A nice bowl of soup! :-) Just grab some stock and throw in some spinach, carrots, mushrooms, etc.

I'm also looking for non-egg breakfast ideas. Mainly because whenever I go home, my parents are shocked at the vast amount of eggs I consume so I can't really make an omelette more than twice a week. >_<

Comment

bacon, liver, avocado and some coconut cream over the top.

Comment

Oily fish ... fatty fruit.

Mackerel or salmon with avocado would be delicious, as would herring with some pickles (good gut health), either padded out with some light salad ingredients. If she's okay with some dairy, probiotic yoghurt is always welcome with any of these combinations, or a handful of blueberries and a sprinkle of nibbed hazels.
                Paul
                http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

When I eat breakfast (not to often as I'm just not generally hungry mornings)... I tend to prefer some organ meat sauteed up in fat a bit. Beef heart, duck hearts and gizzards, chicken livers... rabbit livers when I can get my hands on the elusive little devils!
                  I portion my organ bits into individual breakfast sized baggies for freezing. Very convenient.

I've done poached pork spleen for breakfast as well (rolled with onion and sage leaves, pinned in place, and poached in a well season and rich beef bone stock). I made that ahead of course... then just cut out a portion of the solid jellied stock w/ a spleen roll in it and heated it up... meat, broth, yum. Extra onions, really thin and sauteed up with butter, are welcome when I do this one.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Sausages. Or kippers.

Comment

Any meat and vegetables. For example, this morning I had chicken sauce over sauteed swiss chard. It was delicious.

Also, smoothies made with kefir (coconut or cow), frozen berries, and avocado...yum.
                      Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

Onions, capsicums, mushrooms and bacon fried in ghee, garlic and ginger.

Or corned beef.
                        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

One option is to make your own homemade sausage patties - that way you get all the tastiness we associate with sausage, none of the junk that's so common in premade sausages - no nitrates/nitrites/MSG/etc. Even better, you can make a batch and bulk, and it'll last you a few days - and will probably be cheaper than the prepackaged stuff.

Google "homemade sausage recipe" or something similar for inspiration.

Basic recipe might look something like:
                          -Ground meat of your choice
                          -Rosemary
                          -Sage
                          -Thyme
                          -Salt and Pepper

If you're looking for more of an italian sausage flavor instead of breakfast sausage, you could try adding some anise and fennel seeds. Then, shape into little breakfast-sausage-sized patties, cook, and eat!

The above can be made with beef, pork, poultry, whatever kind of meat meets your taste buds' and nutritional requirements! Pair with veggie of your choice.
                          Last edited by jsa23; 04-29-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Mushroom melt - take a large portobello mushroom, lay it in an oven proof dish, bottom side up. Top mushroom with cooked onion and bacon, cheese and sliced tomato. Grill until the cheese melts and turns golden.

Comment

smoked salmon! so delicious!

for a more "traditional" fare, there are probably some recipes floating around here for various nut+fruit+ coconut combos that approximate a cold cereal or granola. not something one should have every day but preferable to an alternative of wheaty cereal.

personally I go for butter chicken, eggs, soup... something warm and delicious that will keep me full until dinner.
                              rotisserie chicken bits maybe?

^ the mushroom melt above also sounds epic.
                              Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
                              Friend me on "The Facebook"
                              Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X