What's your favorite Primal \ Paleo Breakfast recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite Primal \ Paleo Breakfast recipe

I would just like to see what are some of the members favorite primal\paleo breakfast foods (recipe included if applicable)

I love fried eggs or an omelette with tomatoes, bacon, cheese.

I like my smoothies of spinach, 1/2 banana, 3 slices of frozen peaches, almond or coconut milk, whey protein, and olive oil. I have to do a lot in the morning to get us out of the house so it's hard for me to sit down and eat something hot. DH likes frozen blueberries and raspberries mixed with FF Greek yogurt.

If I have more time, I like omelets, crust-less quiche (baked, not cooked stove top like a frittata) topped with Greek yogurt, zucchini fritters and fried eggs/bacon, or Nom Nom Paleo's sweet potato hash with eggs. This morning it was egg drop soup with excellent chicken bone broth and two scrambled eggs stirred in.
    Thread-killer extraordinaire
    My journal
    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
    207/186/160

Comment

quick and easy!!

1 banana mashed
      1 egg beaten
      2 tbls cocoa powder
      2 tbls almond butter
      2 tbls coconut (unsweetened)

split between two small ramekins coated with coconut oil.
      put both in microwave for 2 mins.

You can also add blueberries or diced strawberries, etc

My fav is adding a few 60% cocao chocolate chips! :-)

Comment

bacon, eggs, avocado and liver

Comment

1/2 cup whole milk yogurt (or more!)
          1/4 cup almond meal (or more!)
          raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi fruit, maybe banana slices, maybe pear slices, maybe pineapple slices.

Comment

Four poached eggs with wasabi horseradish and about 8 slices of bacon. LOL
            Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Banana Pancakes.

Mash up 1 banana and 1 egg per person.

Fry in ghee, each pancake being roughly 2 tablespoons.

Serve with whipped cream, yoghurt, other fruit (and for us, a drizzle of real maple syrup)

We have found primal breakfasts the hardest things to do for our kids.
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Probably not favorite but today's wonderful fun:

Japanese smoked salmon, chives from the back yard, cream cheese, and a couple eggs, cooked softly in organic butter with a bit of pink salt. So...japa-jewi-merican scrambled eggs?

zomgsh, I am so thankful for the variety one wonderful flavors
                carl's cave

Comment

Not necessarily a fave, but leftover lamb n kale/swiss chard from last night:-)
                  Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

A 3-egg omelette fried in butter with 20 g goats cheese, 1 small red onion, a few asparagus spears and a cup of fresh cilantro leaves.

or

1 large banana chopped with 200 g natural sheep's or goat's yoghurt mixed with 3 heaped teaspoons of raw cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons of honey.
                    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Kefir, yoghurt, cream, chai seeds, coconut oil and a handful of frozen berries
                      Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
                      Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

I am very interested in this thread,particularly because mykids rebelled at being primal for breakfasts ("not soup again!"). They are also sick of bacon and eggs.

So they alternate between cereal and porridge.

What are better primal breakfast options for them that don't involve eggs/bacon?
                        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.

Comment

If kiddies need carbs for breakfast I don't see any reason to argue with them.
                          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

You can have things like smoked salmon & cream (or whatever appeals) cheese for breakfast, or use the smoked salmon in place of bacon. I just had my big protein breakfast of 120g of steak and 2 huge mushrooms sliced, cooked on a ribbed grill pan with 40g of butter. And I poured all the juice over the lot before I ate it too! And a coffee (my only one of the day), no sugar, with a tablspoon of lovely pure cream. Yum yum. Total carbs 2.8g! I will not be hungry now until dinner time.

I often add avocado to this mix, or some cheese. Or you can make a nice frittata from things like leek, mushroom, zucchini - almost whatever appeals to you. Once it is cooked cut it into slices & there is breakfast for a few days! I used to do this when I was working and take it to work and heat the slice in the microwave. Slice mushrooms over the top, they soften just enough during the minute or two the frittata is heating. Add a big dab of butter and tuck in.

For children, maybe add some fruit too?
                            Odille
                            F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                            following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
                              If kiddies need carbs for breakfast I don't see any reason to argue with them.
                              Yeah, we're not fighting them on this one (well, except for toast and weet-bix. those are gone).

Much better to lose the battle and win the war.

Comment

Working...
                              X