Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best dessert ever

I just had dessert. It was amazing.

Three strips of beautifully cooked bacon and half of a frozen banana. Oh. My. Grok.
    Visit my blog Primal Homeskillet. And eat it too.

Very popular around my state is grilled/toasted bacon, banana and cheese...of course most people enjoy on bread.
    Achieving goals takes a backbone not a wishbone

Comment

I have never thought about that combo. Salty/sweet...makes sense. My hubby and I (used to) make waffle sandwiches w/bacon, cheese, eggs,syrup wrapped in a waffle. Maybe the banana will replace the sweet for me!

Comment

Hmmm, can you wrap a banana on a stick in a couple strips of bacon, maybe sprinkle a little cinnamon on, bake until crispy, and eat the shit out of it? I wonder what baking for 15 minutes or so would do to the banana's texture.
        carl's cave

Comment

I do bacon(maple bacon), banana, avacado and coconut milk smoothies...Deeeeeelish!!!
          Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

I have never thought about that combo

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
              Hmmm, can you wrap a banana on a stick in a couple strips of bacon, maybe sprinkle a little cinnamon on, bake until crispy, and eat the shit out of it? I wonder what baking for 15 minutes or so would do to the banana's texture.
              Ok, now im seriously drooling...that sounds amazing!

Comment

Our go-to dessert is sliced bananas topped with whipped cream and melted dark chocolate.
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I'm seriously going to try this out. Going out to get more bananas and bacon.
                  Visit my blog Primal Homeskillet. And eat it too.

Comment

Best Dessert Ever can actually be found at a local pizza shop here. They make the most amazing cheesecakes. When I go, my "usual" is a slice with bacon and chocolate sauce on top. Calorie bomb for sure, but SO worth it.

Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking...

Comment

I was about to go trademark "baconana" but I figured I do a google search first.

Looks like it might just be amazing:

Bacon Makes It Good: Baconana

Seems like pre-cooking bacon on the "inside" side makes real good sense.
                        carl's cave

Comment

Hey. I tried it last night.

Apologies for truly shitty picture. Apparently I was so excited I was shaking.

It was neat. I pre-cooked two slices of bacon on one side, wrapped it around (cooked side in), secured with toothpicks, sprinkled with cinnamon and baked it at 350 for about 15 minutes. The banana was way too mushy to put on a stick. Also the banana flavor kind of overpowered the bacony goodness. So it was more like warm baked banana with a hint of bacon. But still...very tasty.

I think to do it over again I would wrap half-strips of mostly-cooked bacon around individual bites of thoroughly refrigerated (maybe even lightly frozen?) banana. Bake it just enough to warm it over. But stick with the cinnamon; that rocked.
                          carl's cave

Comment

Bacon and cream is good, too. I like frozen cream, almost iced cream over really streaky bacon.
                            Paul
                            http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                            http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

Originally posted by hutshitwrech

Why do your posts end with broken links to images hosted off site?
                              carl's cave

Comment

Working...
                              X