Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An awesome chickpea recipe (for those who eat some forbidden legumes :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An awesome chickpea recipe (for those who eat some forbidden legumes :)

2 cups of chickpeas
    1 diced tomato
    2 tablespoons of diced garlic
    1 tablespoon of tahini
    juice of one squeezed lemon
    2 tablespoons of Zatar seasoning
    1 tsp of fresh ground pepper
    a drizzle of olive oil

Mix well in a dish that can be tightly lidded.
    Refrigerate for at least an hour.
    Heat on low on the stove, in a pot, for 10 minutes.
    Enjoy this mix wrapped in lettuce, with celery, or in a bowl.

i don't get it... hummus that's not been blended, with a diced tomato and zatar added in?

i'm assuming you're using cooked chickpeas, but like, how do you know when this is done? 10 minutes - really?

Comment

Love the sound of this. Sounds very like something I ate in Turkey - served with pita bread, which I used to love!

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
        i don't get it... hummus that's not been blended, with a diced tomato and zatar added in?

i'm assuming you're using cooked chickpeas, but like, how do you know when this is done? 10 minutes - really?
        Dear Jakey, please stop responding to my recipe posts. If you don't "get it" or "like it" that's fine. Just stop responding. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
          Dear Jakey, please stop responding to my recipe posts. If you don't "get it" or "like it" that's fine. Just stop responding. Thanks.
          i don't even recall posting on another recipe post of yours, but no problem at all. goodbye and good luck.

* edit - had to look it up. i left one comment about smoked trout you got at trader joe's, thinking it was the canned stuff in canola oil. must have been a traumatic experience!
          Last edited by jakey; 04-24-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Thank you. Fare thee well.

Comment

Working...
            X