What's good with butternut squash?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's good with butternut squash?

I have half a leftover butternut squash from a dish I made. I've only used it once before for soup and I wasn't that impressed. I want to make a dish with it tomorrow. So which things go well with butternut squash?

bacon and brussells spouts, all roasted in the oven with a bit of balsamic vinegar, onion and garlic powder.

it also pairs really well against the lighter meats...pork, turkey, etc.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I like it as a soup alongside (and over top of) pork or chicken.

Use bone broth as a soup base if you have it around, and it is delicious.
      5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Comment

It's wonderful mashed with cinnamon and coconut oil. <3 Serve it with roasted bird for some thanksgiving reminiscing.
        Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

Breakfast! Butter, honey, and cinnamon. I put it in a pan skin side up with water and bake until tender (usually the night before). Broil with butter and honey if you use it...then top with cinnamon.

Comment

I make this about once a month. You can't go wrong with thai curry butternut squash soup: Thai Curry and Coconut Butternut Squash Soup | EclecticCook.com

Comment

it also pairs really well against the lighter meats

Comment

This is one of my favorite breakfast meals: 1/2 cup pureed butternut squash, 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin, and 2 tablespoons almond butter topped with 2 tablespoons sliced almonds and 2 tablespoons raisins (omit for LC) and very liberally sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice.

Comment

Working...
                X