Crockpot Recipes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crockpot Recipes?

I searched through the forum to see if anything threads had been created for recipes using a crockpot, and unless I'm searching through the wrong area I was unable to find any. I love using the crockpot to mass produce meals and store them in the fridge/freezer for later use. Does anyone have any recipes that use a crockpot?

I don't have any crockpot recipes that are specifically primal. I do use the crockpot a lot, but I just tweak recipes from other sources so that they will fit within the primal way of eating. Substitute parsnips for potatoes, leave out the flour, etc.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

Chicken and tomato soup?

8 chicken thighs
      Can coconut milk
      Cup of stock (though not really needed)
      2 cans tomatoes
      Some herbs
      Whatever veg you like
      8 hours on low

Lovely.
      Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

If you do a search under "slow cooker" you'll probably have a lot more luck
        Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
        CW - 60kg / 132lb
        GW - 60kg / 132lb

Comment

check paleOMG and Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations. Both have several crockpot recipes on their website. I work full time and my husband and I just took over the Youth Groups at our church so 2 days we week I don't have time to cook. I use my crockpot atleast 2Xs a week and these 2 sites are my go-to sites for recipes. I also modify other recipes to fit my PB lifestyle!

Comment

We cook all kinds of cuts of beef and pork(roasts, ribs, shank bits, etc...) in a liquid concoction we devised to satisfy our barbecue sauce craving:

A bunch of V-8 (main liquid content)
            A little Apple Cider Vinegar (couple oz. to help break down the tough cuts of meat)
            Red wine - optional. we keep the bottles the girlfriend rejects as unfit for drinki
            Red pepper flakes
            Salt
            Pepper
            Cinnamon
            Turmeric
            Cayenne
            Garlic powder
            Onion powder

Fill the liquid to/near the top of the meat. Crock pot/slow cooker goes on low. 7-12 hours depending on your plans for the day.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

A little slow to get back to you all, but thank you for the links and suggestions! I'm just finishing Day 5 and I really dig this lifestyle. More recipes from the crockpot will make this a hell of a lot easier, too. Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
              X