Dehydrator?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dehydrator?

I'm really wanting to add a food dehydrator to my kitchen and have no idea where to begin looking, or which have the best quality. Anyone here have one/use one that they love? Any to stay away from?

Thanks!
    The Foxhunting Friesian

Mine from walmart works fine, but I usually just do maybe 2 lbs of jerky (raw weight) at a time. It works fine for what I do. I think it's a Sunbeam brand, but I can't be for sure right now.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

I love the Good4U brand, it has a temperature gauge and a timer on it and theyre a lot cheaper than the excalibur dehydrators

Comment

I have the Excalibur 4 tray model and I highly recommend the brand.

Comment

I, too, have an Excalibur model (the 5 tray one), and its been awesome so far. I picked it up after reading suggestions from a thread here on the forums somewhere.

Comment

Anything is better than spending 300.00 on a dehydrator. Try the sunbeam or good4u brands.

Comment

I bought this one: Amazon.com: Nesco/American Harvest FD-80 Square-Shaped Dehydrator: Kitchen & Dining No timer, but if you get so precise you want it to turn off when you are out you can plug it into a Christmas light timer. It is a lot easier to clean it if the trays fit in your sink; you might want to measure. It seems to dry quite evenly, but I've only done apples and bananas.

Comment

Originally posted by EvansMom View Post
                Anything is better than spending 300.00 on a dehydrator. Try the sunbeam or good4u brands.
                Word up. Or Word to ya mother, Evan.
                If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

I have a circular Nesco dehydrator that works pretty well. The trays are kinda hard to clean since they don't fit in my sink, but I can get stuck-on stuff off pretty well with a bristle brush.

Comment

I just use my oven. Doesn't cost anything extra or take up counter space.

Comment

+1 on the Excaliber dehydrators. Only reason I would consider getting a different one would be to get the 9 tray instead of the 4 tray that I have.
                      Primal Journal of a Filipino Cherokee Grok
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53103.html

SAD weight: 250
                      Current Primal weight: 183.2

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I've been thinking about the Excalibur, but some Amazon reviews complain about the company's customer service and parts failing before their time so that had me concerned. I don't want a circular one, definitely a square, and the more trays the better as I'm planning on drying a ton of food (veggies and meat, some fruit).

Anyone heard of the STX Dehydra brand? They seem comp to the Excalibur, but have a timer, which I think might be handy.
                        The Foxhunting Friesian

Comment

Working...
                        X