Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground beef recipes?

Hello all,

I just bought a bulk order of grass-fed beef- it was a 'sampler' pack of sirloin steak, stewing meat, and ground beef. Ive been eating the steaks first, and am now left with lots of ground beef.

So far I've eaten it alone, made meatballs, and fried it into omelettes. Any other ideas? Anyone have a good primal meatloaf recipe?

Thanks for your help!

I hear many good things about:

http://www.sonofgrok.com/2008/11/recipe-sog-bacon-buffalo-meatloaf/

with or without the bacon.

You could also do Bolognese Sauce over spaghetti squash?

Thai spiced beef wrapped in lettuce is sooo good!

Comment

Parsnip-carrot or beet-carrot "sauce." Peel using carrot peeler, cook in oven in glass pan 375 with little water in the bottom covered in foil for 20-30 min, grind up in food processor, spice like oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, water. Mix in with ground beef or bison. Make a lot and then freeze portions.

Comment

I make taco meat (I use chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, onion powder) and do taco salad. It's quite yum and the leftover taco meat is great made into omelets eaten w/salsa and sour cream.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

+1 FlyNavyWife. I do the same thing. Taco meat, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and a little pepper Jack all mixed in a bowl. YUM.

Comment

Meatloaf: I use half ground beef & half pork sausage with egg, onion, garlic, salt & pepper. Simple, easy & primal!

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
            On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

+1 for the taco salad. Top that with some guacamole and you're set.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I make massive burgers with loads of garlic, pepper and either BBQ spice mix or tandoori curry spices. I fry them (they cook in their own fat) and then top it with blue cheese. I tend to eat it with salad or yesterday had it with a small amount of butternut squash mash and curly kale. mmmm

Comment

I cut up an apple in mine and mix in a little garlic. Has a very sweet and different flavor.

Comment

This is a pretty good meatloaf recipe: http://freetheanimal.com/2009/01/lowcarb-meatloaf.html

And I used ground beef in this recipe instead of stew meat and it was wonderful: http://community.livejournal.com/primaleats/1533.html#cutid1

I haven't done this yet, but my mom has made beef stew using ground beef instead of stew meat, so might be something to try.

And then there's always chili (recipe was posted in this forum by someone, not sure who posted it now):
                    [quote]

Here is a recipe I made for some nice fatty beef chili. The original was from Williams-Sonoma... I just added a bit. And it only costs 12-15 bucks...you'll have dinner for a week!

Saute 5 lbs of beef (73/27)...mine was probably grain-fed...

Place in a slow-cooker and add:

6-8 Tbls Chili Powder (I used 6-7...perfect!)

1-2 Tsp Cumin

1-2 tsp oregano leaves

1-2 yellow onions...chopped

5 cloves of garlic...chopped

1-2 jalapenos (with or without seeds)

2 cups beef broth (I used 2 beef cubes and 2 cps H2O)

1 28oz can chopped tomatoes with liquid

Salt (kosher or sea) / pepper as needed

Stir

Cook on high in cooker for 6 hours...

Enjoy with sour cream, cheese, scallions, green onions etc...</blockquote>

Comment

Anything you&#39;d make as a sauce for pasta or rice can be eaten by itself as well. I make no-bean chili, stroganoff, curry, all kinds of things with ground beef.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

I like to fry the meat with onions and garlic (and various spices), maybe add some chopped mushrooms or carrots, and then stuff veggies with it. After that, either boil in stock or bake in the oven (this would require the stuffing to be more of a sauce consistency, so I add tinned tomato or coconut milk for more of an Asian flavour).

Veggies I&#39;ve used: red/green peppers, courgettes (zucchini), cabbage leaves, vine leaves, whole head of cabbage, portobello mushrooms, large tomatoes.

Comment

Meatballs in blue cheese sause are fantastic, if you like blue cheese, that is.

http://freetheanimal.com/2009/10/mea...ese-sauce.html

Comment

How about Ground Beef and Eggplant Curry?

1 large Onion, sliced

2 small tomatoes, chopped

1 pound Ground Beef

1 medium Eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes

1 Green Chile (I used a Serrano), sliced

1/4 cup Ghee

1 T. Ginger-Garlic Paste

1 tsp Turmeric

2 tsp Coriander

1 tsp Red Chile Powder

1 tsp Cumin

1 tsp Garam Masala Powder

Saute Onions in Ghee until very dark amber. Add Ground Beef, Turmeric, Coriander, Chile Powder and Ginger-Garlic paste, and continue to cook for a few minutes, until meat begins to brown.

Add tomatoes, eggplant and Cumin, cook for about 20 minutes until veggies are very tender.

Add Garam Masala and Green Chile, simmer about 5 minutes.

Serve with Cauliflower &#39;Rice&#39;.

Comment

I make something really simple. I heat coconut oil in a frying pan and then fry a pound of ground beef in it. When the ground beef is cooked, I add a bag of broccoli slaw and chili pepper. The vegetables cook down really nice. It&#39;s a bit odd, but I love it and take it to work for lunch. It makes about 5 cups, which is perfect for the work week.

Comment

Working...
                              X